How to get UK work visa Sponsorship and Job
If you are an international student or international job seeker who is looking to migrate UK, then definitely you need a work visa. To get a work visa you must sponsored by UK registered employer. Not a just registered employer and the company must have registered under tier 2 visa sponsorship licence programme. Then you could able to apply for tier 2 visa archiving its eligibility requirements and financial status. In this complete guide you will understand entire A-Z process and necessary recommendations.
- What is tier 2 visa
- Find a Sponsor in UK
- How to get visa certificate of sponsorship?
- How to apply for tier 2 visa
- Get support from UK visa sponsorship consultants
If you able to follow these process step by step, then you able to successfully apply for the visa without any trouble and enter to UK.
Considering UK short-term and long-term skill shortage, UK government introduced special visa category. This call tier 2 visa and only skilled people able to enter to UK by gaining this work visa. Furthermore, if you able to get tier 2 visa it could lead to bring your suppose and children under dependent visa. Basically this visa offers minimum 2 years up-to maximum of 5 in years. If you able to complete 5 years in UK under tier 2 visa, then you eligible to apply for UK PR as a benefit.
To apply for this visa, you must be hold at least bachelor’s degree with good knowledge of English. As well as you must be in good health, depend on applying country you must have to pass appropriate health examinations. Basically tuberculosis test. These are the basic things you must consider before think about UK work visa. In last and compulsory, your occupation must under UK short or long term skill shortage list.
UK short & long term skill shortage list,
|Occupational Classification||Shortage Occupation List|
|Biological scientists and biochemists||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Physical Scientists||Only the following jobs in this occupation code:|
The following jobs in the construction-related ground engineering industry:
• engineering geologist
The following jobs in the oil and gas industry:
• technical services manager in the decommissioning and waste areas of the nuclear industry
• senior resource geologist and staff geologist in the mining sector
|Civil engineers||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Mechanical engineers||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Electrical engineers||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Electronics Engineers||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Design and development engineers||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Production and process engineers||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Engineering professionals not elsewhere classified||All jobs in this occupation code|
|IT business analysts, architects and systems designers||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Programmers and software development professionals||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Web design and development professionals||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Information technology and communications |
professionals not elsewhere classified
|Only the following job in this occupation code:|
• Cyber security specialist.
|Medical practitioners||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Psychologists||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Veterinarians||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Medical Radiographers||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Occupational therapists||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Nurses||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Secondary education teaching professionals||Only the following jobs in this occupation code:|
• secondary education teachers in the subjects of maths, physics, science (where an element of physics will be taught), computer science and Mandarin
|Actuaries, economists and statisticians||Only the following jobs in this occupation code:|
|Speech and language therapists||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Architects||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Graphic designers||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Quantity surveyors||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Social workers||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Quality control and planning engineers||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Artist||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Dancers and choreographers||Only the following jobs in this occupation code:|
• Skilled classical ballet dancers who meet the standard required by internationally recognised United Kingdom ballet companies. The company must be endorsed as being internationally recognised by a United Kingdom industry body such as the Arts Councils (of England, Scotland and/or Wales)
• Skilled contemporary dancers who meet the standard required by internationally recognised United Kingdom contemporary dance companies. The company must be endorsed as being internationally recognised by a United Kingdom industry body such as the Arts Councils (of England, Scotland and/or Wales)
|Musicians||Only the following jobs in this occupation code:|
• skilled orchestral musicians who are leaders, principals, sub-principals or numbered string positions, and who meet the standard required by internationally recognised UK orchestras. The orchestra must be endorsed as being internationally recognised by the Association of British Orchestras.
|Arts officers, producers and directors||All jobs in this occupation code|
|Welding trades||Only the following job in this occupation code:|
• high integrity pipe welder where the job requires three or more years’ related on-the-job experience
|Chefs||Only the following job in this occupation code:|
Skilled chef where:
• the pay is at least £29,570 per year after deductions for accommodation, meals etc; and
• the job requires five or more years relevant experience in a role of at least equivalent status to the one they are entering; and
• the job is not in either a fast food or standard fare outlet; and
The job is in one of the following roles:
• executive chef – limited to one per establishment
• head chef – limited to one per establishment
• sous chef – limited to one for every four kitchen staff per establishment
• specialist chef – limited to one per speciality per establishment
You are in,
- Good in health
- At-least completed bachelor’s degree in reputed university
- Fluent in English
- Good character
- Your job under UK skilled shortage list,
Then you are good to go with this tier 2 visa process.
Unless you are a British, Scottish or wales citizen do not browse all the jobs in UK. Even though you get job opportunity and the company does not do sponsorship your effort totally worthless. When you know you need sponsorship employer, always try to find jobs from companies registered under tier 2 visa sponsorship programme. When you discover UK visa sponsorship companies list, you could able to find more than 22,000 companies. If your want to search each individual company it will take ages to find suitable job opportunity under your stream. As a solution Tier 2 Jobs UK list down all available opportunities under those companies and you can easily find job opportunity filtering relevant categories. All the jobs may not do sponsorship and still there is chance to get sponsorship as those companied already registered under UK tier 2 visa sponsorship. Using either method you could able to find visa sponsor employers in UK
UK employers that sponsor work permits/ UK visa sponsorship list
After you have successfully found visa sponsor employer with availability of job opportunity you could able to apply. In this case please read all their requirements such as qualifications, experience, skills and all relevant information before contact the company direct. Unless you follow their requirement guidelines your application will reject straightaway. Furthermore, when you apply for UK job. You must create your CV according to UK CV Standards. Again if you just apply with your general CV your application has 80% more chance to reject even without it open. So be careful to prepare proper CV according to UK CV Standers.
After you create CV fulfilling job requirements and list down your skills, qualifications and relevant details you have to create cover letter. Cover letter briefly demonstrate about your self and, analysing officer able to get clear idea about who you are? What you want What is you. So make sure to well organised your cover letter along with your CV and apply for the founded visa sponsorship job opportunity. Even though company has no intention to offer tier 2 work visa at the moment and if your CV and cover letter considerably strong and fit to purpose. There is a chance to get a visa sponsorship from the particular employer. Considering all those facts, before you make an application read every single word in the job description and create unique application for apply.
When employer agree you to get into the job, employer has to apply for certificate of sponsorship (CoS) behalf of you. This certificate based on your desire position, salary (average £30,000 per annum), contract time and everything. As we mentioned before, if your employer registered under tier 2 visa sponsorship programme this is a just few day easy task. But your employer new to this sponsorship, employer must register before apply and this take 2-3months process. As soon as you get the certificate of sponsorship you can apply for the tier 2 work visa accomplishing government eligibility criteria.
Step 4 – Apply for tier 2 visa
Finally, after you complete all the mandatory steps, find a sponsor, apply for work visa sponsorship job and after receiving certificate of sponsorship(CoS) you ready for apply tier 2 visa under following circumstances.
- Valid certificate of sponsorship.
- Evidence of you will be gat paid appropriate salary for your job.
- Knowledge of English (IELTS or Live in UK)
- Personal servings to support yourself (If you live in UK, £945 in your bank account for last 90 days before apply)
- Good in health (tuberculosis test report/ TB)
- Travel evidence and travel history for 5 years.
- Criminal record for last 12 months
Documents you must provide
- Reference number of your certificate of sponsorship
- Proof of English knowledge (test results)
- Bank statement with necessary funds
- Current passport with at-least 1 blank page
- Expired passports if any,
- Criminal record certificate
When everything is ready you good to apply. Whether you in UK or Outside you could able to apply through online. Visa fee will vary depend on where you apply from and how long does your visa last.
There is another one last payment before you make final payment for the visa application. Its called healthcare surcharge and you must pay that refundable payment end of the visa application. This payment will be refund if your visa get reject only. Healthcare surcharge Calculator.
After complete visa application paying particular fess you will receive confirmation letter with reference number for both application and healthcare surcharge.
Now you all done
Be happy and patient for 3 moths until you get decision 😀
Do you think you need help to apply for this visa, not much confident about apply by yourself? Don’t worry there are several leading legal companies who will support on your entire tier 2 work visa process. You just have to contact them with your job offer. Weather your proposed employer have or do not have tier 2 visa sponsorship licence you can still get full legal services from reputed UK work visa consultant.
Leading UK work visa consultants,
- SkillClear Immigration
- 1st contact
- United Kingdom visa bureau
- Next world immigration service (India)
- Migration expert