Proposed Salary £28,000.00 £31,000.00 Per Year
Career Level Staff
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Internship Requerments
Our client is the largest private engineering training provider in West Yorkshire and have been mentoring, guiding and supporting learners for over 40 years.
We are working together to find a time served Electrical Engineer who has a professional and structured approach to working with learners of all ages in an Assessor/Instructor role.
* The potential for the right candidate to become a Team Leader
* 25 days holiday (some are fixed to align with academic calendar plus
* Xmas/New Year closure)
* Pension Scheme
* Performance Related Pay Scheme
* Free on-site parking
Essential for the role is time served experience in an industrial environment. The following are not essential but will put you to the top of our applicants;
* Cert Ed or other relevant certification or experience
* Experience in the support of functional skills
* Assessor qualification (A units)
* Verification qualification (V units)
* IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
Main purpose of your role;
* Ensure a safe learning environment is maintained in the Skills Training Centre and in company.
* Train and assess Learners in a range of basic and specialist skills to the standard required by relevant award bodies to Levels 1,2,3 EAL
* Provide advice and support to Learners and their employers throughout the apprenticeship. Ongoing assessment of evidence produced towards NVQ and Functional Skills qualifications.
* Observe safe training guidelines/procedures
* Ensure coverage of training programmes as laid down by Awarding Bodies
* Safety, Welfare and Safeguarding of Learners within own section/Training Area/Caseload
* Maintain discipline in Skills Training Centre
* Implement and maintain stock control and inventories of equipment, tools and materials necessary
* for the correct training
* Completion of learner reviews/6 week reports/term reports in line with company policy
* Supervise overall function of areas of responsibility in house-keeping, discipline, timekeeping,
* attitudes and safety
* Attendance at careers events representing KITS business and learning programmes
* Assessment of relevant qualifications in line with Awarding Body requirements
* Perform related and other duties as required by Skills Training Manager/Team Leader
* Assist and support learners at initial assessment and on-going learning support
* Completion of Funding Body (SFA) documentation
* Attend management and development meetings as required
* Monitoring of Company Health & Safety compliance
* Assess and interview potential learners/apprentices
* Internal verification
* Ability to deliver additional commercial short courses.
We are keen to fill this role as soon as possible before the next academic cohort enrols so please apply ASAP to ensure your CV is at the top of our inbox!