Career Level Executive
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Master's Degree
Are you enthusiastic about 3D graphics and compute? if so ANSYS is looking for a developer just like you.
You would be working on a large code base primarily in C++, C# and OpenGL, evolving the graphics engine in exciting new directions, while growing your skills in multi-threading and large scale data processing. You would be working in a team of friendly and highly skilled individuals where we learn from each other and bring fresh ideas into the team.
On a day to day basis you would be working within the team to diagnose problems, extend and introduce new features in to the graphics engine and on occasion exposing those features into one or more products. On a longer term basis you would be working with others in the team to evolve the engines capabilities taking advantage of newer hardware capabilities, graphics api and topics as broad as large scale distributed processing.
The graphics team is one of a number of teams that form the design business unit within ANSYS, you will get to work with individuals from many walks of life across a number of continents, where the wider goal is to deliver exciting and compelling new products to the engineering software market.
• Research new technologies and present finding, taking the shortest path to prove the viability of any proposed solution.
• Design and Implement extensions to the graphics engine to meet product management expectations, taking an iterative approach to reach a satisfactory end goal.
• Investigate and resolve potentially complex problems across multiple subsystems, prove the validity of the solution placing emphasis on avoiding related problems going forward through good software engineering practices.
• Work within the wider team to evolve the graphics engine, taking on board guidance from senior developers within the team.
• Work constructively with others within the team, listening and giving careful consideration to the views put to you, while confidently and constructively putting across your own viewpoint.
• Place a strong emphasis on automation, using existing infrastructure to allow continuous validation and robustness in the output of the team.
• Strong interest and enthusiasm for graphics and compute.
• Demonstrable competence in any of C++, C or Rust on a non-trivial project.
• Proficiency with spoken and written English to confidently discuss the merits of a technical piece of work.
• Demonstrable competence in Linear Algebra, specifically where it relates to 3D geometry.
• A bachelors or higher degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Software, Science or the equivalent level of knowledge or skill attained through paid or unpaid work.
• Proven competence with modern C++11 or C++14
• Proven competence with OpenGL, Vulkan, OpenCV or DirectX.
• Proven competence with OpenCL, OpenCV or Compute Shaders.
• Comfortable with GLSL or HLSL.
• Comfortable developing on Linux and Windows.
• Comfortable developing in multiple programming languages and learning new languages as necessary.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
• Customer focus
• Results and Accountability
• Transparency and Integrity
• Sense of urgency
• Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.