Career Level Student
Industry Research/ Development
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Email [email protected]
Help produce conferences that help move forward thinking on some of the most important policy issues in education policy being examined by policymakers and stakeholders.
Please see our website for further details on the current programme.
• Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial
• Important occasions for policymakers in Parliament, Government and regulatory bodies; teachers, schools, parents and children themselves; academics and businesses; and other interested parties.
• Demanding but rewarding – in a company that is commercially focused and expanding, but with a strong ethical heart
• Part of a small team working on all aspects of event production
• Following latest policy developments and news from the sector – and researching issues, possible speakers and contacts
• Drafting agendas and promotional text for the seminars
• Liaising with speakers and our Parliamentary chairs
• Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions held in Westminster and elsewhere in the UK
What we’re looking for:
• A quick learner who can hit the ground running
• Some solid work experience – in policy, conference production, journalism, public affairs or similar fields
• Bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook will also be considered
• Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers with the context to make best decisions
• Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills – and quick to learn
• Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints (in line with our core proposition of impartiality)
• Clear, stylish accurate writing is essential
There’s a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and rest of the 90-strong team is always on hand.
• The Westminster Education Forum is a division of Westminster Forum Projects, a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy
• Our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, industry, the third sector, and amongst interest groups
• Based in our lively, friendly head office in Bracknell, Berkshire, with convenient rail and road links, and occasional work in Westminster and other conference locations.
• An expanding organisation with plenty of opportunities for career progression for the right candidates.
• People who work here are encouraged to develop, take on added responsibilities and move up in the organisation.