Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Required to work on our HS2 enabling works contract (Area Central) out of central Birmingham offices.
As part of the Fusion JV we will deliver essential preparatory ground works to some 100km of the phase 1 route, before the commencement of major civil engineering activities.
Typical activities will include; highway design and build schemes, demolition, ground remediation, advanced landscape planting and woodland habitat creation, watercourse activities, utility diversions, design and build of new ecological sites, site clearance and establishing site compounds. In addition Fusion are also responsible for undertaking a wide range of intrusive and non-intrusive surveys, ranging from environmental, ecology, soil and ground investigation, demolition and archaeology.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with Company policy. Fully understand and participate in the “Beyond Zero” declared vision.
- Maintain effective communication with contracts managers, project managers, managing / project QS and other associated disciplines.
- Assist in staff matters as requested.
- Manage, supervise and mentor your “reports” within the commercial structure.
- Provide opportunities to junior commercial staff to aid their development under the commercial training programme.
- Provide input to contacts with client’s representatives.
- Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents.
- Commercial management of subcontractors including payments preparation, final account work, and inputting into dispute resolution.
- Monitor cost of site resources.
- Produce monthly cost and value reports, quarterly reports and present to senior management.
- Take part in discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
- Understand and promote usage of Company Procedures and suggest improvements to senior management.
- Involvement in change management including input to the programme ‘established approach’.
- Ensure timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues.
- Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings.
- Assist with the production of insurance claims.
- Manage time and workloads for yourself and the commercial team in a structured manner.
- Assist in defining and delivery of commercial training to all site staff.
- Provide input to risk management of projects.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- To the standard of Member of CICES or RICS.
- Successful experience at Section QS level.
- Evidence of involvement in and understanding of basic contract law and contractual obligations.
- Enhanced knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.