Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
We currently have a requirement for site engineers to work in Hull on river and sea defence projects with long term opportunities to remain working in north of England.
Your key activities will include:
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards.
- Supervision of assistant engineers.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Provide accurate and clear setting out for works.
- Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Arrange formal checking of setting out.
- Complete inspection and test plans.
- Keep accurate daily site diary.
- Preparation of 4 weekly programmes.
- Provide accurate measurements for materials required.
- Maintain material reconciliation figures for reporting.
- Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed on for cost coding.
- Carry out testing / sampling of materials.
- Provide assistance to the measurement department.
- Maintain survey books.
- Take receipt of materials and perform checks.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Qualified to ONC level, a graduate or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful experience at assistant engineer level.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
- Knowledge of government legislation on all matters relating to safety and environment.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.