Proposed Salary 22,000 Annum
Career Level Staff
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Email [email protected] Systems.co.uk
We are embarking upon a new long term Cloud project which involves the introduction of Agile, CI/CD, Automated Testing and other modern practices to the Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to join this project and help shape the way in which the team will work.
The role is suitable for someone looking to enter, or is at the start of their career in, the software development industry. University industrial year students will also be considered.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparation and execution of automated tests and their supporting infrastructure
- Manual testing
- Gathering required information from various sources to allow expected software and system behaviour to be characterised
- Driving software quality by supporting the software development activities
- Involvement in daily SCRUM sessions
- Creation and delivery of reports (oral / written) to provide timely information to the software team in order to allow accurate assessment of project status
- Assisting fellow members of the QA team with quality assurance tasks
A period of acclimatisation and training will be necessary, all of which will be provided for the successful applicant.
Available to start on or before 1st July 2019.
Minimum HND qualified or equivalent experience in an IT or software discipline.
Software programming experience / exposure.
Keen eye for detail, applicants must have excellent written & verbal communication skills and must enjoy working as part of a team.
They will relish the opportunity to continue learning, and aspire to develop a set of highly sought after career skills.
CDS Computer Design Systems Ltd is an independent SME, based near Manchester City Centre, specialising in the Oil and Gas distribution software market for over 45 years with strong ties throughout the industry.
Salary between £17k and £22k based on experience and qualifications.
The Company provides a contributory pension scheme, permanent health insurance and private medical insurance, all subject to appropriate qualifying periods and acceptance on normal terms. The role also attracts 25 days annual holiday entitlement plus statutory bank holidays. Full time role, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week