Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Héroux-Devtek is an international company specialising in the design, development, manufacture, integration, testing and repair and overhaul of landing gear and actuation systems and components for the Aerospace market. Founded in 1942, the business has a rich history which includes manufacturing the landing gear for the Apollo Lunar Module which landed on the moon’s surface in 1969.
Héroux-Devtek’s global reputation for quality and reliability exists thanks to the achievements of its employees, and the business truly believes in providing employees with continuous training and professional development and fosters a strong entrepreneurial culture where each team member has a distinct role to play in the success of the business.
What will this role of Design Support Engineer entail?
As a Design Support Engineer you will enjoy a varied role where you’ll play a key part within the Support Engineering Team. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
– Reviewing technical change requests and compiling associated documents
– Incorporating drawing changes in CAD software and creating repair schemes
– Reviewing concessions relating to repair / rework and new manufacture non-conformances
– Providing technical support to the assembly, manufacturing, procurement and MRO departments
What will I need to be considered for this Design Support Engineer vacancy?
– A degree in mechanical engineering and / or proven experience gained within a mechanical engineering role, ideally gained within the Aerospace industry
– Superb knowledge of CAD systems, ideally NX and Catia
– Excellent communication and technical writing skills
Although not essential, knowledge of Aerospace related international specifications would be highly advantageous for this role.
What will I receive in return?
As a Design Support Engineer, you’ll receive a competitive salary, level dependent on experience and qualifications. You’ll also receive great additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company pension scheme, and salary sacrifice healthcare scheme.
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4:30pm and Friday 8am to 1:00pm.
Location: Runcorn (Cheshire)
All applications for this Design Support Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.