Career Level Staff
Industry Finance and banking
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Email [email protected]
We are seeking a professional Data Scientist and Quantitative Analyst for our exciting new betting website that we are in the process of launching. In this role, you will be involved in the process of creating and testing mathematical models and making sure that everything we produce meets the needs of the business. We’d like you to bring ideas – you’ll have the chance to analyse the way we work and use mathematical techniques and modelling to improve our performance and profitability. We are a passionate, forward-thinking, innovative company where things are always happening. We’re looking for people who work quickly, are competitive self-starters, smart and do what is needed.
– Design, develop, implements and maintain data models.
– Research and analyse market trends and statistics to make modelling decisions.
– Perform daily statistical analyses (e.g. risk analytics, pricing, default risk modelling,
etc.) and coding tasks (e.g. pattern recognition or machine learning).
-Run models, look for exceptions and take corrective action.
– Build on knowledge of technology tools used to conduct analyses.
– Applies techniques such as querying and macro development to extract data for
– Build knowledge of our processes and betting products and from this determine which
analyses methodologies and approaches best support the performance, risk or valuation
of our product.
– Communicate analytical results to developers, product managers and other
stakeholders of the product.
-First Class Honours or any Postgraduate degree in a numerate subject e.g. Maths,
-Enjoy problem solving.
-Ability to stick to deadlines.
-Statistical programming language (preferably R).
-General purpose programming languages experience.
-Experience using databases.
– Experience building mathematical models.
-Sound working knowledge of Excel.
-Keen sports fan especially of Football or Horseracing.
-Interested in betting.
-Initiative and willingness to learn. Must be a self-starter with a strong attention to detail.
Please send your CV to [email protected] If you have questions about the role please email or call Roy on 01937 863413