Proposed Salary 20,000 Annum
Career Level Staff
Industry HR & Marketing
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Role: Graduate Application Support Specialist
Location: Atlas Business Park, Manchester (M22 5PR)
Supporting global leader
A multi-faceted organisation operating across numerous sites to deliver a wide variety of solutions to clients, Bureau Veritas delivers Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the biggest household names.
With more than 400,000 clients worldwide, we are a true global leader; helping to ensure the safety, quality and sustainability of parts, plant, properties and more. Our client list covers everyone from major retailers and petro-chemical companies, to global banks and international airports.
Team player with individual responsibility
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a passion for IS to join a busy team of experienced support specialists.
The role will be instrumental in assisting with administrating, managing and maintaining applications that are used throughout Bureau Veritas North West Europe.
• To work as part of the NWE IS support team to review IS issues reported to the
o Ensure IS tickets have sufficient detail in describing the Incident / Request.
o Triage IS Support issues to ensure tickets are assigned correctly
• Investigate and resolve issues within a variety of application tools, or investigate and
document before referring to 3rd Party or internal BV development teams.
• Carry out set procedures to meet common requests, i.e. password resets, dealing
with new starters and leavers, checking setup configurations.
• Routine checks to confirm overnight processing has completed and that various
server software programs remain available for users to connect to, escalating as
• Keeping appropriate records of progress, for example to update tickets with latest
actions, document progress on test plans, update version control logs.
• Extract information from various systems into required format for further analysis
• Work proactively with the business to identify and implement new IS solutions, from
requirements identification to deployment and sign off
applications as required
• Additionally work within larger company-wide project teams to assist with deployment
of corporate product deliveries and upgrades.
Have you got the right attributes
Candidate requirements include:
• Degree or equivalent with IS Technical / Business Analyst and / or vocational
• Previous experience in a IS/IT support or development team role (preferred)
• Good analytical/ problem solving skills
• Effective communicator, both verbal and written
• Prior experience of rolling out new software solutions, including QA, documenting,
testing, and hand-over to support
A global leading organisation
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
• Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face
to face and e-learning programmes
• The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients,
including some of the world’s most recognised brands
• A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and
continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
• Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances,
defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances
including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual