Career Level Staff
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
The Aftercare Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the customer care strategies, ensuring that the property owners’ and residents’ experience of taking occupation of the new building is smooth and professional. You will need to have excellent customer service and administrative skills and good knowledge of the new homes industry.
The role is based in our head office in Manchester and in brief is to coordinate the successful handover of new schemes from the construction delivery team to the purchasers of the properties. You would be either the main point of contact or the secondary point of contact for Customer Care across a number of sites simultaneously, working closely with Building Managers/Concierges and site-based team members, where applicable, as well as with the scheme’s Property Manager and associated colleagues, where the Group is instructed with providing other services.
You would report directly to the Director of STCS.
Working hours are 5 hours per day, Monday to Friday, based on completion of a weekly timesheet. Actual start/end time is flexible for the right candidate.
• Implement STCS procedures for an efficient and coordinated handover of properties
to owners and/or residents – moving-in strategies, welcome packs, correspondence
• Ad-hoc administrative duties to assist STCS Director with production and distribution
of homeowner/resident manuals – research, document collation, print coordination
• Assist site-based teams in coordinating pre-completion inspections with incoming
purchasers, ensuring all raised issues are recorded accurately via SnagR software
• Build a good rapport with trade contractors in order to schedule repairs and
coordinate the completion of all snagging works, ensuring all issues are rectified
within reasonable and agreed timeframes
• Assist STCS Director with weekly and monthly client reporting – ensuring all issues
are logged when reported and updated immediately once completed, to maintain
accurate data logs and highlight trends and recurring issues
• Correspondence with owners and/or residents regarding resolution of snags identified
during pre-completion inspections
• Oversee scheduling of new home demonstrations and third-party cleaning team
• Record and maintain databases of customer contact details, adhering to GDPR (May
• Coordination of defects liability period (DLP), managing the efficient resolution of all
service issues arising post-completion and occupation, and coordinating relevant
multi-trade works to resolution within agreed timeframes
• Ensure all customer enquiries are followed up and occupiers are kept up to date
• Ensure that exceptional customer service is being offered and the team is exceeding
clients’ and purchasers’ expectations.
Skills and Attitude
• Efficient information management
• Good analytical and evaluation skills
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written – and the ability to build
• Highly organised with excellent planning skills
• Hands-on approach with the ability to manage own workload in a busy environment
• A confident, ambitious, self-starter with high personal drive and self-motivation
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and make controlled decisions
• Personable, sincere and able to empathise with others while remaining professional.
Experience and Qualification
• Educated to a minimum of GCSE or equivalent
• Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Experience in residential sales/completions or development/construction and
knowledge of the new homes completions and aftercare process
• Experience with snagging software ‘SnagR’ or similar is desirable.