Career Level Staff
Working within the Apprenticeships Unit as a Support Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the development and management of apprenticeship data systems and operational administration processes to facilitate effective planning, resourcing, set up and delivery of apprenticeship programmes. Working closely with Programme Managers and Academic Programme Leads, they will also be responsible for ensuring the Apprenticeship Unit has the support, systems, processes and insight it requires to build capacity to meet long-term University objectives, particularly in terms of programme management and the co-ordination of activities relating to curriculum set up, timetabling, Gateway and End-Point Assessment. This post reports to the Head of Apprenticeship Operations.
Typically, you will:
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the University to ensure activities relating to programme development, approval, planning, set up, resourcing, and delivery are coordinated and effective
- Monitor and track apprenticeship programme data, ensuring that accurate learner and employer data and records are maintained and compliant with funding, audit requirements, and university regulations
- Analyse programme data to identify trends, highlight risk, and improve quality
- Lead on programme-wide projects, for example, End-Point Assessment planning and coordination
The ideal candidate would have proven extensive knowledge and experience of the following:
- Working collaboratively, across organisational boundaries, to review, adapt and improve services, building capacity and introducing change
- Working within an University or apprenticeship training environment
- Working with student records, including progress monitoring, tracking and reporting
- Identifying and communicating programme requirements, including curriculum structure, timetabling and resourcing
About the team:
This varied and dynamic role will involve working within the Apprenticeship Unit who are facilitating the delivery of cutting edge, degree apprenticeship programmes, working in partnership with some of the UK’s most well-known brands. Manchester Metropolitan University, is a pioneer of degree apprenticeships having started delivery in September 2015 and has grown rapidly – now educating more than 1,100 degree apprenticeship students.
Working at Manchester Metropolitan University:
Based in central Manchester, you will enjoy a generous annual leave allowance of 35 days, plus bank holidays, plus Christmas Closure, a fantastic pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, local and national discounts on high street and online brands, and many more rewards and benefits.
How to apply: Please submit your CV and covering letter (detailing your suitability for the vacancy, including how you meet the essential criteria as set out in the person specification) via our application portal. For informal enquiries, please contact James Walker (Head of Apprenticeships Operations) on [email protected] or 0161 247 6057.