Proposed Salary Competitive
Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
AlliedCrowds has a unique mission: to combine technology, data, and finance in order to disrupt development. We do this by creating innovative tech and new financing models that unlock capital for entrepreneurs in emerging markets, enabling them to grow their businesses, hire new employees, and contribute to the global economy. We are an early stage startup and are growing fast. Our client base largely consists of development organizations, such as the Islamic Development Bank, the World Bank, and the UN. Our data and tech have underpinned, among other projects, novel research on crowdfunding in East Africa for FSD Africa and social entrepreneurship in Indonesia for UNDP, as well as the first database of funders for the Sustainable Development Goals. We are looking to build on our success by hiring an experienced business development, fundraising, or sales professional who has a track record of building relationships with and selling to international development organizations.
This is an excellent opportunity for a business development professional to join a growing firm active in the intersection of technology, finance, and international development. The successful candidate will have considerable autonomy, proposing, creating, and executing a sales strategy for an agile firm seeking to disrupt the international development space.
Creative strategic thinking is valued above all else, so come prepared to propose, trial, and execute ideas that can help the company grow to new heights.
We are looking for a long-term candidate that will be able to establish a sales strategy in the first several weeks in the position, and then move forward on implementing this strategy. We may also consider short-term consultants to help craft the strategy, without taking forward to implement.
Your role will involve the following:
- Lead generation and sales strategy: creating and executing a client acquisition strategy. Making use of existing contacts and building new ones to sell AlliedCrowds products and services.
- Strategy execution: the ideal candidate will implement the sales strategy identified above. This includes:
- International travel
- Representing AlliedCrowds at industry conferences and events
- Interacting with senior government officials and donor staff
- Liaising with research and tech teams to create marketing materials and interactive tools
- Working in all aspects of a sale, from lead generation to closing
Degree in Marketing, Business, Entrepreneurship, or relevant field
- Excellent track record of generating sales; minimum of $10m generated in last 5 years
- Creative thinking around sales strategy, demonstrated by establishing lead qualification and generation in previous roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including representing a company at industry events and/or speaking at conferences
- Experience in emerging markets — understanding of issues related to developing context
- Experience working in large international development organizations (UN, World Bank, etc.)
- Understanding of and experience in selling tech products, especially SaaS or platforms
Compensation commensurate with experience and length of engagement. Short-term consultancies will be priced from £500 per day. Full-time roles will start with a base salary of £25,000 to £35,000 for candidates with under seven years experience and £35,000 to £75,000 for candidates with over seven years of experience, plus a percentage of new revenue brought in.
In addition to highly competitive compensation, working at AlliedCrowds provides the following benefits:
- Workplace pension contribution
- Visa sponsorship for qualified candidates
- Frequent international travel
- Considerable autonomy
- Access to industry events
- Office in central London location
- Flexible working arrangement
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Annual staff retreats
- Regular social events