Proposed Salary £83,000
Career Level Managerial
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Associate Degree
- Lead on high-level strategic thinking for the long-term development of bioscience research and innovation strategy, including analysis of the long-term needs of the bioscience discipline, wider trends and approaches.
- Contribute to the design and development of major strategic themes within the bioscience discipline, providing a close connection to and exchange of ideas with the research and innovation community.
- Provide strategic leadership to cross-cutting areas that span the interests of UKRI, and which are also central to BBSRC’s mission
- Design and develop proposals, working with a diversity of research and innovation communities and with staff across BBSRC, wider UKRI and other partners, to develop successful programmes and deliver resulting projects
- Act as an ambassador, representing and promoting BBSRC and bioscience within UKRI, with UK Government Departments and with the academic and business communities
- Engage with and influence stakeholders at the most senior levels outside and across the organisation to build support and confidence in the delivery plans and more broadly the potential and impact of bioscience.
- In all areas, deliver high quality work which combines foresight and strategic planning with the ability to react to urgent requirements.
- As a member of the Executive Team, contribute to the leadership of BBSRC, deputising for the Executive Chair when required
- Provide an advisory and mentoring role to BBSRC senior leaders