Proposed Salary Competitive
Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
AB is a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the world. AB employs more than 500 investment professionals with expertise in growth equities, value equities, fixed income securities, blend strategies, and alternative investments, and, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, operates in more than 20 countries. AB’s research disciplines include fundamental research, quantitative research, economic research and currency forecasting capabilities. Through its integrated global platform, AB is well-positioned to tailor investment solutions for its clients. AB also offers independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services to institutional investors.
IT Group Description:
The Corporate Technology Services (CTS) organization is responsible for AB’s end user technology, workplace technology and corporate systems. CTS is a face-to-face client focused organization that works closely with all IT counterparts, as well as the business to deliver enterprise wide products, services and support. Teams within CTS include End User Technology, the IT Service Desk, Service Delivery Management, Audio Visual Services and Technology User Experience. CTS is a global organization of 75+ members located across 15+ AB offices and reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
We are seeking a London based End User Technology Support Specialist to join our EMEA End User Technology Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and support of end user and workspace technology to AB staff across EMEA offices. The candidate will be expected to build strong relationships with the business staff and management, acting as a trusted advisor for technology solutions as well as providing ongoing training to increase awareness and adoption of technology. This is a client facing role which will have daily interaction with AB business and technology staff, including executive management.
- Act as a trusted advisor for business and technology teams serving as a go to for all technology related matters. Engage technology product management to provide solutions for staff, product and service feedback ensuring ongoing enhancements to AB’s technology.
- Respond and proactively address employees’ technology questions regarding computer systems, telecommunication devices, and software programs.
- Provide individual and group technology training sessions to staff. Deliver best practices for new and existing hardware and software technology releases. Train new hires on AB technologies required for their role.
- Utilize existing IT management systems (ServiceNow, eRequest, Change Control, etc.) to manage the delivery of services. If necessary, coordinate resolution with vendors and ensure follow-up.
- Perform ordering, installation and maintenance of physical computers, thin clients, virtual machines and related hardware and software. Install and support desktop IP telephony and telecommunications equipment. Perform moves/adds/changes for all desktop and telephone hardware as needed.
- Actively update and maintain inventory management, request, incident and purchasing systems. Ensure all systems are properly documented and updated with latest troubleshooting techniques.
- Review daily metrics of problem and incident activities using IT management systems ServiceNow and eRequest.
- Coordinate efforts with technology staff from other AllianceBernstein technology departments. Act as liaison between the staff and these various groups. Communicate technology changes and needs to all parties
- Stay apprised of new technologies and trends in the technology industry, with a view to providing more comprehensive technology-related services to the office. Act as a technology information resource for the staff and management.
- Understand the evolving technology needs of the business units in the offices/floors of support. Provide custom technology-based solutions for the office as needed. Provide written training for staff on software/technology issues on a regular basis.