Proposed Salary Competitive
Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Business/ Management
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Global Internal Communications Manager
The role of the Internal Communications Manager is to develop and deliver a world-class internal communications strategy for Alexander Mann Solutions and create a culture of open and constructive communication. The Internal Communications Manager will drive strong, engaging, clear and consistent communication of Alexander Mann Solutions’ people proposition to employees and ensure that the whole is business is kept up to date on strategic and business developments that affect our people.
Financial & Operational Excellence
The Internal Communications Manager will add value to Alexander Mann Solutions through the creation of an open and constructive communication culture, supported by building innovative and effective communication channels and ensuring their consistent adoption. To achieve this, the Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing a clear timetable of communications planning, promoting a positive company culture by consistently communicating a clear strategy, a shared sense of mission and purpose and our values
- Optimising current channels and creating new ones (where appropriate) to aid effective communication delivery; channels to include management cascades (such as monthly Leader’s Digest and briefing documents), video (including regular CEO videos), email, Alexander Mann Solutions’ social network (Yammer), Alexander Mann Solutions’ intranet (SharePoint), dial-ins, newsletters, and events (such as town halls, all hands calls, mid-year/end of year parties, summit or conference events)
- Leading the implementation of the annual ‘PulsePoint’ engagement survey and always-on listening site, ‘Rant & Rave’, communication of results and associated actions
- Developing a toolkit and communications to equip key stakeholders and managers to understand the channels available and how to use these effectively, and increase their visibility in the business
- Understanding how to empower knowledge-sharing and networking across the business and building tactics to enable this, including new technologies where appropriate, leading a Communication network forums and maintaining momentum and adoption of two-way communication channels
The Internal Communications Manager will add value to Alexander Mann Solutions by ensuring value for money on all people communications activity. To achieve this, the Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for managing a budget to deliver cost effectiveness at the same time as promotional or activity goals by developing clear outcomes that can be monitored for all communications activities, measuring ROI where possible.
The Internal Communications Manager will add value to Alexander Mann Solutions through the consistent communication of Alexander Mann Solutions’ Employee Value Proposition (EVP). To achieve this, the Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the consistent communication of Alexander Mann Solutions’ EVP throughout all people policies, events and announcements, working with People Capital and the Leadership Team
- Communicating Alexander Mann Solutions’ employer brand consistently across a diverse range of on- and offline channels including PR, imagery, guidelines and collateral to assist communication
- Key “clients” for the Internal Communications Manager are identified as current Alexander Mann Solutions employees.
Specialist / Technical Expertise
The Internal Communications Manager will have:
- Broad understanding and interest in the key channels for delivery of our people messages
- Understanding of the channels to communicate internally: email, webinars, social network, video, management cascades, etc.
- Good project management skills
- Experience of building innovative communication approaches in a global organisation
- Proven track record of success developing communications in a business environment
- Experience of presenting to senior client stakeholders and gained agreement to course of action
- Experience working within professional services industry working on projects and managing budget relating to Internal Communications and communications development
- Proven track-record managing a team
- Understanding of the talent acquisition and talent management industry
This role does offer remote working however flexibility to attend London offices may be required.