Career Level Staff
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Location: Milton Keynes, London, Leeds, Manchester
Salary: Dependent on location
Start Date: Summer 2019
Reporting to: Cost Manager
• Display professionalism in the execution of your job role.
• Maintain a flexible approach to work.
• Keep all business activity at MAC strictly confidential.
• Strive to add value to MAC’s scope of service wherever possible.
• Preparing budget estimates and cost plans.
• Undertaking site visits and meetings, advising on cost implications of project
decisions and providing proactive advice.
• Managing the procurement process in a conscientious and proactive manner at all
stages, including liaising with suppliers.
• Preparing tendering documents; examining tenders received and reporting thereon
or negotiating tenders and pricing.
• To assess and agree valuations and prepare subsequent recommendations for
• Cost reporting; indicating cost movements and the anticipated final cost of projects.
• Managing and assessing change in accordance with the terms of the contract;
submitting variations to the client for approval and agreeing final accounts with the
• Understanding key performance indicators (KPIs) and striving to ensure continuous
Duties will generally be those defined above, however we are a modern company and therefore need to adopt flexible working patterns in order to meet client and market needs. All job descriptions should therefore be treated as a guide only.
• Achieved/studying for a RICS accredited degree, on course for a 2:1 or above.
• Basic knowledge of construction industry scope, relationships & practice.
• Experience within a similar role.
• Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office, in particular Excel.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
• Strong organisational skills with proficient time management skills.
• Must be flexible in hours of work and travel.
We are particularly interested in individuals who are enthusiastic to pursue their MRICS accreditation.
MRICS Training Programme:
MAC is dedicated to investing in their employees and therefore we have a distinguished training programme that will guide all candidates to successful completion of the APC. The programme is compromised of the following steps:
• Assign the candidate a Counsellor and Supervisor.
• Provide structured and bespoke training (e.g. internal workshops with fellow APC
• Advising the candidate on experience and recording against the competencies.
• Advising the candidate on the written submission.
• Preparing the candidate for the final assessment, including expectations of the
interview process and assessment day.
• Overall, provide support based on MAC’s experience of the APC.
MAC is a mid-size national construction consultancy working with an extensive list of clients. The cost management services we provide span across many sectors including retail, leisure, education & healthcare; enabling our team to gain exposure to a variety of projects.
Due to the close knit working environment and flat structure at MAC, graduates will work closely with our senior team who have a wealth of experience to benefit from. We promote a social and open approach in our offices while trusting employees to be professional and uphold our company standards at all times.
Additionally, MAC pays close attention to the development and progression of their staff and will assist graduates wherever possible in day-to-day work, chartership and beyond.
For any further information please view our website: www.macconsultingltd.com