Career Level Staff
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Graduate Design Co-ordinator – Development Programme 2020
Our graduate programme will help you build on your degree and establish a career where you you’ll have the freedom to learn, achieve your ambitions and leave your mark on the communities in which we work.
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
At Skanska we believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
As a Graduate Design Co-ordinator, you will join our London based team where we deliver buildings that improve communities and enhance lives across the UK. The Building team’s award-winning public-sector projects include Bath Spa University, the Royal London Hospital and Bristol schools. In the private sector, our focus is on commercial and mixed-use buildings. Our expertise in London has created a portfolio that includes some of the capital’s iconic buildings, such as The Gherkin and Heron Tower.
What you’ll do:
- Be a core part of the Design Management team to drive business change in the use of new and emerging digital design technologies across the business
- Support the design management process on a project, from enquiry through to submission of the tender and the ongoing management of all design related issues until project completion.
- Support the delivery of design work areas, in accordance with company procedures, programme requirements and project specifications
- Undertake design reviews of using a variety of digital technologies – including building information modelling (BIM) and common data environments (CDE)
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the design management plan and design brief, including client requirements, cost, programme, design standards, health & safety, digital design strategy, production logistics, facilities management, contract agreement
- Attend site to understand the delivery of the design process from BIM model, to contract drawings through procurement and delivery on site.
- Attend regular design coordination and progress reviews with design team, sub-contractors, and support the design manager with action notes and closing issues out.
Who you are:
- Studying to degree level or having completed a degree in a construction related subject that is accredited by the RIBA, ICE or CIOB.
- A keen interest in the use of current and emerging digital design technologies to drive business change and improvement
- Values driven and passionate about sustainability
What we offer:
- Professional networks and support groups to help you succeed
- The opportunity to work towards membership of your chosen professional body
- Project management and leadership development
- At least one volunteering day per year
- Competitive benefits package
- Clear learning and development opportunities to build your knowledge, skills and behaviours to prepare you for your career at Skanska
As part of the Graduate programme, you will have a clearly defined learning pathway to develop your technical and soft skills. You will build a strong professional network with exposure to our leaders and gain project management and technical skills for the future through completing a digitalisation project. You will also spend a week away completing a practical skills workshop to gain a wider understanding of the Construction industry.
Programme start date: September 2020
Application deadline: 31st December 2019