Career Level Staff
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
We are looking for an Assistant Engineering Surveyor, the Engineering Survey team is employed to deliver the geospatial capabilities required to efficiently and accurately deliver the works in accordance with the contract requirements. As part of this team, the role of an Assistant Engineering Surveyor is to assist the Engineering Surveyor in all activities.
Learning the role of Engineering Surveyor is key to the success and effectiveness of an Assistant Engineering Surveyor. This Includes developing a thorough understanding of the techniques, processes and procedures required to complete the role of an Engineering Surveyor. Mentoring forms a key part of an Assistant Engineering Surveyors development, this can be combined with structured and academic options such as a geospatial apprenticeship including college attendance and/or an undergraduate degree to advance development.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Assist the Engineering Surveyor in the capture of on-site survey information, including; topographical survey observations, survey control network observations and geospatial monitoring observations.
- Assist the Engineering Surveyor to ensure setting out and quality assurance of the works in accordance with the contract requirements in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for the care, maintenance and administration of specialist survey equipment, ensuring equipment is in order and available to complete survey activities as required.
- Be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of themselves and their colleagues. Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners’ Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company’s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
We’re looking for:
- A readiness for the continuous learning of the techniques and procedures of Engineering Surveying.
An aptitude for mathematics, such as algebra, will be advantageous. GSCE Grade 4 (or equivalent) or above and an aspiration for further development are desirable.
- Experience of TBM/SCL tunneling and associated works will be advantageous.
- An openness to working a shift pattern.
- A commitment to punctuality is required to ensure timely delivery of Engineering Survey task in order not to delay the program.
Please note that this position is not due to start until 2020. Due to application numbers and the time frame of the role it may be a number of weeks until your application is reviewed by the recruiter. If you have any questions please contact [email protected]