Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Business/ Management
Qualifications Master's Degree
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
You can learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at 3M.co.uk or follow @3MUK on Twitter.
We are currently looking for a new Inhalation Formulation & Product Development Scientist to join the Drug Delivery Solutions Division, R&D team based in Loughborough.
Salary – £high-reaching dependent on skills and experience plus excellent benefits package.
Key Benefits Include:
25 days paid annual holiday, rising to 30 days with service, plus Bank Holidays
Contributory SMART Stakeholder Pension Scheme with up to 10% employer contribution
Life Assurance Scheme 4 x salary
General Employee Stock Purchase Plan providing the opportunity to purchase 3M stock at discounted rates
Discount on 3M products
Employee discount scheme providing preferential rates across major UK retailers and service providers
Reduced subscriptions on various insurance schemes
Employee Assistance Programme
· Research, design, manufacture and screen conventional and novel pMDI (or DPI) inhalation formulations and product concepts using a range of laboratory equipment and preparation techniques.
· Undertake patent searches, complete freedom to practice assessments and generate new intellectual property.
· Plan, organise, assist/lead formulation and product feasibility assessments in line with organisational requirements.
· Perform formulation & finished product testing using novel and conventional analytical techniques.
· Use physical characterisation techniques to determine properties of pharmaceutical active ingredients, excipients and formulations.
· Conduct in-vitro data analysis and interpretation of data (preferably inhalation product testing) – via relevant statistical software packages (Excel, Minitab etc).
· Keep abreast of relevant industry news and activity in the areas of inhalation product development.
· Hands-on working in a laboratory environment, using state of the art manufacturing and testing equipment.
· Author high level technical protocols / reports and present technical data to all levels within the organisation.
· Follow established compliance and EHS working practices within the organisation.
· Attend and present at key industry conferences and customer meetings.
Knowledge & Skills
· Has a think outside the box mentality and is passionate about technical creativity and problem solving.
· Inquisitive mindset and able to identify novel ways of working and realise them.
· Demonstrated hands on practical laboratory skills gained in an inhalation product formulation and testing laboratory environment.
· Proven research skills (preferably inhalation product related).
· Has a high level of technical authoring and technical presentation skills.
· Has a thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical materials science and physical characterisation techniques.
· Has an excellent knowledge of industry guidance relevant to inhalation.
· Knowledge of GLP/GMP and related quality documentation processes for pharmaceutical R&D and production.
· Has knowledge and practical experience of relevant statistical software packages (Excel, Minitab etc).
· Excellent communication skills.
· Good technical problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated experience of working in cross functional multidisciplinary teams.
· Knowledge of QBD principles and their application to new product development.
· Relevant PhD or MSc in a pharmaceutical related discipline (preferably related to inhalation product development/formulation).