Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Email [email protected]
Job title: Design Engineer
Position: Permanent, Full time (following successful probationary period)
Location: 48.3 Head Office, Kingsgate, 62 High Street, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1SH – one position
48.3 Leeds Design Office, 4100 Park Approach, Thorpe Park, Leeds, LS15 8GB – one position
Applications to work in either Redhill or Leeds offices will be considered.
Brief job role:
To work within the existing design team providing scaffolding and temporary works design schemes for a range of commercial and industrial projects throughout the UK and Middle East whilst adhering to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and company policies.
The successful candidate will have the skills to produce exceptional design solutions to the highest industry standards, solve complex technical problems, plan and manage project budgets and maintain quality and service delivery standards.
Open position – start date to suit successful candidate
- BEng / MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering. A BEng/MEng/BSc/MSc in a similar construction related engineering discipline will be considered.
- A minimum of three years relevant design experience in civil or structural engineering discipline
- A minimum of one year site experience OR temporary works design experience.
- Full working knowledge and experience using Autodesk AutoCAD software package (Full, LT, Civil)
- Experience using 3D Frame Analysis software to create and analyse complex structures.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- An attitude to work that embodies the 48.3 core attributes and alignment to the 48.3 company values – you have to be a great fit and want to be part of our team!
- An open mind and a great sense of humour
- An up-to-date CPD record for your career so far demonstrating your commitment to your profession and the development our your skills.
- The ability to check the structural integrity and stability of a structure using hand calculations from first principles.
How to apply:
Send your CV, a covering letter and a brief statement (< 250 words) outlining your suitability for the position to:
Email: [email protected]
Open position for continual consideration. Please send your application to us right away!