Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Email [email protected]
67 Bricks are a software development consultancy who help publishers deliver information products for the data-driven world. We give publishers control, flexibility and agility so that they can deliver the compelling user experiences that thier customers increasingly demand. Our custom-built solutions enable publishers to increase the value of their content, support existing and new business models, enable better reuse of content and deliver increased revenues from digital products. We are based in the UK and work with many of the world’s leading scholarly, legal, regulatory and standards publishers.
The role of publishing consultant is to work with our clients to understand and deliver the desired business objectives and document the business requirements. This requires you to have an excellent understanding of what our clients are trying to achieve, form strong relationships with client contacts and manage engagements so that they are delivered successfully and profitably.
Essential job functions:
- Work with publishing clients to uncover and document the business requirements for a project.
- Work closely with our technical team to ensure client satisfaction.
- Develop excellent working relationships with new and existing clients.
- Meet with clients to understand what they need to achieve to meet the challenges and opportunities they face.
- Review and assess whether the proposed technical solutions will deliver the client’s business objectives.
- Work closely with our operations and technical team to manage the resources, timescales and budgets for client projects to ensure they are delivered successfully and profitably.
- Ensure progress is communicated effectively at all times to both the client and the technical team.
- Take overall responsibility for client project success.
- Deliver revenues from existing clients by uncovering new ways to help them (new project opportunities).
- Keep abreast of the publishing space, changes to business models and advances in technology.
- Contribute to marketing activities by writing or commissioning case studies, obtaining client testimonials etc.
- Work closely with the Head of client services on activities such as company presentations and proposals to help secure new business with existing clients.
- Represent 67 Bricks as the industry leader in delivering strategic digital publishing solutions by networking, attending and presenting at relevant events.
Type of person we are looking for
We are a vibrant, growing company looking for people who want to have a real impact where they work. We want publishing consultants who enjoy building close relationships with clients and who are capable of managing the delivery of client solutions. You should be an excellent communicator and have a good understanding of the publishing industry.
We think people should enjoy what they do. We are looking for people who have a genuine interest in understanding and solving publishers’ problems. The right person will be enthusiastic about developments in publishing technology and how data-driven approaches and technologies such as semantic enrichment, AI and machine learning are driving change in the industry.
We expect candidates to have worked for a publisher or worked in the publishing industry. Candidates must have a desire and passion to engage with our clients and develop mutually beneficial long term relationships.