Career Level Staff
Experience 5 Years +
Email [email protected]
Control Union has an excellent new opportunity to be part of a growing team as cargo inspector (agricultural products).
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible to provide independent assessment of the quantity and quality of agricultural products (grains and feed products).
Location: Bristol, Liverpool, Ireland
- Oversees loading, unloading of cargo from ships and other forms of transit
- Perform sampling of cargo for quality analysis, as per applicable protocols
- Recording and reporting results of the measurement activities to determine accurate load/ discharge quantities.
- Ensure all operations are covered in an efficient manner
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues, clients and third parties regarding operations
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, teamworking and time management skills
- Be computer literate in use of Microsoft packages
- Degree in a food or agricultural discipline or as a minimum have successfully completed a higher education course in a related discipline
- Ability to travel
- Be able to perform often physically demanding outdoor work
- Knowledgeable of the following standards and protocols:
- FGIS Protocols / GAFTA Protocols – Grain Grading practices
- International standards for sampling / inspection of bulk cargoes
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of agricultural cargo surveying or related industry or alternatively shipping or a relevant science qualification and keen to learn.