Career Level Managerial
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
£25,000 to £28,000 per annum, commensurate with experience.
Established over 20 years 5G Communications have successfully delivered exceptional customer service supplying Telecommunications to an excess of 6,000 business customers over 15,000 sites throughout the UK and Northern Ireland.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Telecoms Installation Engineer to join our growing team in High Wycombe.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the successful Telecoms Installation Engineer will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of a range of PBX/IP systems, throughout the UK. The role will consist of the following:
- Site surveys.
- Termination and installation of Cat 5E/6.
- Install, programme and commission PBX/IP telephone systems.
- Train customers on use of systems.
- Obtain customer acceptance and sign off upon successful installation.
- Maintain and troubleshoot system faults as required on customer sites.
- Quality checks.
- To provide accurate and prompt reporting.
- Liaise with and update other departments.
To be considered for our Telecoms Installation Engineer position, we are looking for candidates who have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Possess a proven track record with an extensive knowledge – primarily of the LG system but ideally also have experience of one or more of the following Panasonic, Siemens, Nortel BCM and Oak call software.
- Able to work towards and meet tight deadlines.
- Have a flexible approach to the working day (due to the position being field based this can include days away from home).
- A high attention to detail.
- Experience of programming and diagnostics
- Previous proven engineering experience within a telecoms engineering environment.
Education & Qualifications:
- A-C grade GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths/Science and English.
- Cat 5/6 installation certification.
Telecoms Installation Engineer Benefits:
- A competitive starting salary from £25,000 per annum + bonus + Commission.
- A company vehicle.
- Exceptional training & personal development plans are provided – we look to recruit our manager internally.
- Staff bonuses and holiday incentives.
- Boosted pension contributions
If you feel you have the skills for our Telecoms Installation Engineer position, please apply now.