Career Level Staff
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Email [email protected]
Who we are looking for
We are looking for smart, friendly and enthusiastic people from all backgrounds who are looking for the opportunity to make a difference from day one. The right person has genuine interest in writing code well, enjoys working within a motivated team and has a good foundation in at least one of Java, Scala or C#. We care about writing good quality code that solves our clients’ problems, and we want people who care about the same thing.
Working at 67 Bricks
We are a vibrant, growing company focused on developing high quality data-driven information products. We achieve this through close collaboration with our clients to build a deep understanding of their needs and take an iterative approach to ensure we deliver fantastic software.
We care a lot about your personal development and growth, and we provide the opportunities and support necessary for this. We work on a wide variety of projects and use the appropriate technologies to solve problems, so you will be exposed to a range of different technologies and have the chance to learn about them. You will also have opportunities for growth into areas such as software architecture, research and development, and client relationship and team management. We provide the resources necessary to support this, such as subscriptions to Pluralsight and trips to conferences. As well as learning new technologies on projects, we also spend every Friday afternoon as a team discussing interesting development topics we’ve come across, sharing lessons from projects, and other topics that interest us, and sometimes we write these up on our blog.
Benefits of joining our team include:
- Flexible working including working from home
- 26 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus, depending on company and personal performance
- Company pension scheme, matching contributions to 4%
- Based in the heart of Oxford, with great public transport connections and very close to shops and green spaces
- Friendly colleagues in a pleasant atmosphere – we have “Fruit and Veg Mondays”, Friday dev meetings with drinks, company events like escape room trips and board gaming, and great coffee!
- Interesting and challenging work – doing a variety of greenfield development projects to solve our clients’ problems, in an environment where good development practices such as automated testing, continuous deployment, code reviews, and infrastructure-as-code are valued.
The role of junior software developer is primarily focused on developing technical solutions to meet our clients’ needs. To do so, it is essential you understand the underlying business problem the software you are creating is attempting to solve.
- Work with colleagues to conduct research, analyse documentation and review requirements to understand the clients’ business problems
- Work with team members to propose technical solutions
- Produce estimates to deliver technical solutions
- Implement technical solutions
- Write automated tests
- Produce user and technical documentation
- Work with clients in meetings and calls to understand their problems and discuss solutions
- Be proactive at improving our internal processes and systems