Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Finance/ Banking
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Job title: Tax Accountant
Salary: up to £60,000 depending on experience + annual bonus + competitive benefits and great working environment
Location: Slinfold, West Sussex
Working hours: Monday – Friday 0830- 1730. If you are seeking flexible working arrangements or part-time hours, please let us know on your application.
To use your accounting and tax knowledge to make system improvements to improve tax compliance for the Company. This role will focus on system improvements to provide quality reporting to ensure accurate compliance. Focusing on accuracy and compliance this role will give you the opportunity to work with multiple departments to ensure best practice is adhered to.
You will be part of a vibrant Finance team focused on continuous improvement and passionate about delivering timely and accurate information. This role will report into the Director of financial reporting and control.
What’s the job?
- Drive system and reporting improvements to enable improved tax reporting.
- Build and present tax positions for the business.
- Provide support for business strategy and major purchases to ensure informed decisions.
- Support the general ledger team in managing the balance sheet and ensuring the tax position is reported accurately.
- Overview of the preparation of indirect tax returns on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Identification and review of items and invoices outside of expected parameters.
- Manage the correction of errors within the business to ensure accurate reporting.
- Ensuring General Ledger reconciles to the open indirect tax position and ensure the corrections highlighted are actioned.
- Manage indirect tax queries and resolutions.
- Manage relationships with third-party tax advisors as well as local authorities.
- Support the preparation of the statutory accounts and prepare a draft corporation tax position.
- Work with BDO on finalising the corporation tax and ensuring submissions are made in a timely manner.
- Provide support and feedback to the business on areas of risk and disallowable items.
- Support the training of staff to enable better understanding and future development from within the finance team.
You’ll be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have recent experience of working within a tax accounting role. You would have great knowledge of corporate and indirect tax, tax reporting working with accounting systems.
Experience of corporate and/or indirect tax is essential.
We are a fun and dynamic finance team and you’ll happily collaborate with your work colleagues. You’ll be able to communicate confidently and effectively throughout the business and work to tight deadlines. You’ll be able to translate technical issues to ensure that it is clearly explained.
Does the above sound like? Do you want to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, family-run business? Apply today.