Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
A.M. Nomikos operates a commercial, corporate and technical ship management service for ship owning entities.
The Company employs over 1,600 personnel worldwide, on land and sea-based operations. The Head Office and central management is located in Athens with commercial activities situated in London.
The company was originally involved in coastal shipping and over the past 6 decades has grown into all main types of Dry Bulk vessels, with a principal focus on the Geared segment. Most recently the company has expanded capabilities in the management of Container ships.
Carry out Commercial Operation of the allocated vessels and as need should arise, in accordance with the expectations set out by management, including but not limited to:
- Execution the Charter-Parties on behalf of group companies, instructing vessel, technical managers, agents;
- Timely communication between all parties involved in execution of the vessels’ business, which may occur out of office hours;
- Be responsible for correct collection of receivables, settlement of payables, procurement, accurate record-keeping in systems and voyage accounting, and feed to Accounts
- Ongoing review of allocated fixtures on receipt from chartering, during execution, control points, and closure, promoting the necessary actions and updating relevant record-keeping
- Carry out Voyage Accounting functions within the Commercial Operations group, supporting the corresponding Accounts function;
- Be part of a continuous learning environment; promote a healthy environment within the work spaces
- Provide interdisciplinary support to related functions as required from time to time; specifically, but not limited to, Chartering, Voyage Accounts, and Accounts, and cover colleagues’ holiday and sickness leave
- Attend to Commercial Operation of vessels:
- Planning best execution of the fixture under a given C/P.
- Instruct vessel and technical managers on execution of a given C/P or piece of business.
- Cause all necessary Notices to be served, for CP events or exceptions / claims.
- Plan bunker management, procurement, and execute to best interests of the group.
- Handling communications between Chtrs/Brokers, Owners, Agents and 3rd parties
- Optimising the returns on the vessel / cargoes in question
- Billing/paying Freight and handling the associated traffic
- Handling purchasing and payables including bunkers, DAs and operational items
- Ongoing review of current fixtures
- Assessment of ‘open date’ or redelivery from period charters
- Outstanding receivables to be collected, estimated expenses update, PnL accuracy
- Revision of current vessel performance, bunker plans and changes to pricing or requirements
- Ongoing review of ended fixtures:
- Settlement of all outstandings including receivables, payables, and disputes
- Request closure of relevant fixtures in the voyage accounting
- Full handover file of fixtures to be handled by Legal/P&I or long-running disputes
- Profit and Loss
- Responsible for the PnL reflected on allocated fixtures at moment of Management Reporting exports
- Estimated revenue and expenses updated to very latest knowledge
- Control of vessel inventories and any other group assets
- Periodic reviews of vessel performance
- Record-keeping includes specifically, but not limited to, the Softmar voyage accounting system, email, SharePoint and related London office systems
- 4 years relevant experience preferably in the Dry Cargo sector
- Softmar experience or similar management program (IMOS)
- Overall experience in an Owners or Operators environment
- Technical Knowledge of Vessels
- Sea-going experience
- Ability to communicate with land & sea based marine personnel
- Ability to work under pressure and provide optimum solutions
- Willingness to commit and promote a positive work environment
We aspire to be an employer of choice and to offer our people opportunities to continuously develop personally and professionally, and to work in an environment that is shaped by collaboration, responsibility and integrity.
Our commitment to trustful and long-term partnerships with our customers is matched by our commitment to the people who make this a reality.
Become part of our team and let’s work together to shape the future of maritime transport!