Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
You will be successful if you:
- are process-driven and understand how important this is in the context of security;
- are confident and able to make decisions and will take a pragmatic, proactive approach to work in order to respond to a variety of demands;
- can constructively challenge, facilitate and probe to fully understand the business needs;
- have excellent communication skills and can explain complex things very easily;
- are able to solve problems identified through audits, risk assessment and incidents;
- can plan and prioritise workloads, whilst working to strict deadlines and measuring progress;
- are articulate and capable of producing high quality written output, including policies, procedures and reports;
- are detail-oriented – you notice the small things.
Technical skills needed:
We will strongly prefer candidates that have prior experience of implementation or operation of ISMS frameworks such as SOC2 and ISO27001; however, this is not essential if candidates can otherwise demonstrate an excellent understanding of information security and related principles, an understanding of the technology stack, and an appreciation of the process needs of the ISMS.
Similarly, prior experience of IT operations management is useful but not critical.
Nice to have skills:
- SOC2 / ISO 27001 Implementation / Audit Qualifications
- Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- Experience of working in a technical support manager/team leader role where adherence to standard operating procedures, established systems and processes was required
- Experience of managing IT Support, including supporting enterprise systems, desktop and cloud productivity, and mobile device applications
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Founded by two engineers who spotted a hard and largely unsolved problem, Ably is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide the infrastructure required for a high-bandwidth, always-connected world we hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills who are ready and capable of taking on challenging realtime engineering problems.
As a company and engineering team we’re committed to a future internet that’s open and Ably’s engineers contribute to existing open source projects. See https://go.ably.io/open
We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. We’re building a company with a diverse set of people who value:
- Ownership and impact of work. You have real autonomy and ownership over your work with a visible impact inside Ably, and externally on products powered by Ably that you use in your daily life.
- An environment to thrive. Modern, comfy office in the heart of Shoreditch, London’s thriving tech hub, with multiple break out spaces to match your working style. Excellent lunch options, plenty of pubs, and great events. Five minutes from Old St tube station, Liverpool Street Station, and Shoreditch High Street Overground station.
- Truly flexible working and not just lip service. Come into the office, work at home, or rock up at your local coffee shop at the hours you focus best.
- Work is varied and challenging as we’re solving hard, complex problems that push the limits of what’s possible with today’s software and infrastructure.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- ClassPass membership
- Regular company away days and social events
- Weekly team breakfast or lunch
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Ongoing professional development (training, events, conferences)
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions towards your pension
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
Ably has a culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. If a role on an impactful and collaborative team is right for you, apply and let’s talk.