Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Business/ Management
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Email UK[email protected]
AAC IT Infrastructure Europe controls the infrastructure of IT-Europe in order to deliver compliant, reliable, flexible and cost efficient solutions and support and let the performance of the environments meet the demands and service levels of ABN AMRO Clearing. AACB require a Senior Oracle Database Administrator to manage Non Production, Production and Disaster Recovery database environments. This position will be within a team of existing DBAs that cover Oracle, Postgres and SQLServer.
- Candidates with exposure to other RDBMS platforms will be looked upon favourably, although Oracle Database skills are paramount
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the Clearing Database environments
- Works closely with support team colleagues to ensure that the associated hardware resources for the Database environment are configured for optimum performance and availability
- Proactively monitors database environment to ensure minimum downtime
- Provides regular trend analysis to track database performance and throughput, for capacity planning purposes.
- Responsible for enhancements, maintenance and upgrades to the database environment.
- Works with business, architecture, development and technical colleagues to manage and implement changes
- Carries out analysis of potential hardware problems prior to contacting third-party support. Escalates problems to third-party support when necessary – acting as a point of contact.
- Analyses and resolves problems when they arise providing details of the resolution in the call logging system. Liaises with users to ensure fast and satisfactory problems resolution.
- Develops automated housekeeping and monitoring/alerting tasks to reduce the need for manual intervention. Investigates and develops methods for performance optimisation and the prevention of recurring problems.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Ensures all system and application changes are approved via the appropriate Change Control methods.
- Develop and maintain runbooks for High Availability and Disaster Recovery tests and is responsible for planning and running these tests.
- Handle the implementation of the bank’s business applications running in development, test and production environments. This will include installation of applications, releases and patch management as well as upgrades.
- Work with the architecture team to provide technical expertise to define and implement a global infrastructure to support existing and future projects
- Provide database expertise to the development team (internal and external) regarding development around database technology, covering deployment best practise and configuration for AAC Clearing applications
- Keep up to date with existing and emerging technologies and integrate with the development/architecture teams of their suitability for use within ABN Amro
- Experience of implementing and supporting high availability solutions
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing.
The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients’ position. Our success is based on our client’s success. We want clients to perceive us as a trusted partner, professional and ambitious – our core values.
At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders – customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition.
We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability