Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
The Engineering Director at Accedo (Farringdon, London) is hiring a Junior Software Engineer. Someone who is early on in their software development career and would benefit from working with some of the best talent in the Video on Demand/ Streaming industry.
In common language, Accedo produce the applications that you see on smart TV’s around the world and enable our customers to be utilise the power of the Web to deliver their product: Documentaries, drama, comedy, sports content, films…….think Netflix, Amazon, ITV, Channel 4 and others.
Someone told me that we are enabling the demise of television as we know it. Provocative, huh?
Either way the “multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space” (mouthful), is growing rapidly and Accedo are looking for a Junior Developer who is keen to get their hands dirty early on and isn’t afraid of learning. Attitude will get you a long way (as long as it is positive one)
What we will offer:
- Senior level Mentoring
- Specific commercial programme of work you will own
- Mature, flexible, relaxed and structured work style (there are loads of people to help)
- Global Culture (we are a Swedish company and have 16 offices around the world).
- Ongoing training and development.
- Agile Environment.
- We aren’t too corporate and work in a big WeWork office in Farringdon with all the benefits that it brings.
What you will be working on:
You will be working in a small team developing internal tools to help in the development and testing of Connected TV applications. The tools are still in the concept phase and so you will be joining the team at a stage where you can be involved in all phases of the project.
You’ll be able to help shape the project and deliver functionality that will drive the delivery of the next generation of TV apps.
What we need from you:
- Minimum of Bootcamp trained or A STEM or Computer Science based Higher Education. Either combined with exposure to the commercial world
- Some commercial development experience, ideally in an agile environment.
- A willingness to learn (we have some other tech we’d like to expose you to as well)
- We’d like to see some of your work so please apply with the necessary links to your portfolio.