Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Finance/ Banking
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Location: Homebased / Plymouth / Leicester
Hours: Full / Part Time considered
Why do we want you?
Are you currently an audit manager or partner wanting to use your skills and knowledge in a more technical role? Do you enjoy understanding and explaining the detailed technical requirements of ISAs and accounting standards (UK GAAP and/or IFRS)?
Part of Wilmington plc, the Mercia and SWAT UK teams are leading providers of training and support services to the UK accountancy profession and we’re looking for a new Technical Consultant to cope with our ever expanding workload.
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we’ve grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio. Mercia Group is one of them!
Mercia Group is one of the leading providers of training and support services to the UK accountancy profession, working with over 8000 firms nationwide.
Main Purpose of Role
The role will include all or some of the following, depending on your skills:
File reviews including a report to the client:
- Audit, hot and cold
- Whole firm systems (e.g. practice assurance)
- Accounts files
- Tax files
- Client money/investment business regulations
- Money laundering regulations
- Writing or updating publications products on audit, accounting and tax
- Writing articles
There are also opportunities to write course notes or present training courses, face-to-face or online, for practical skills workshops for students.
We are focused on ensuring that Wilmington remains a great place to work. We value our people and we continue to invest in their career development. We encourage learning, and career opportunities are possible across all Wilmington companies
“We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity”
Skills and Experience Required
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes…
We know it’s not a skill, but the successful candidate must have permission to work in the role’s location by the start of their employment.
You will also need;
- You need strong technical skills together with the ability to engage and communicate clearly with clients both face-to-face and in writing.
- You should love the detailed technical aspects of auditing, financial reporting or tax and have a desire to help others understand how to implement the rules efficiently and effectively.
- You will have a natural curiosity which will mean you develop your technical knowledge ensuring that you are always up to date.
- You should be self-motivated and able to work independently, as you will often be at client premises.
- You’ll be ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA qualified.
- A specialisation would be an advantage.
You need to be the kind of person who…
- Currently an audit manager or partner wanting to use your skills and knowledge in a more technical role
- Enjoys understanding and explaining the detailed technical requirements of ISAs and accounting standards (UK GAAP and/or IFRS)
- Is able to complete projects accurately and on time
- Be self motivated and able to work independantly