Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Are you looking for a challenging, creative, rewarding and fast paced work environment? Do you want the opportunity to be part of a nurse-led service utilising all of your clinical and interpersonal skills?
If yes then Prison Nursing is for you.
Who we are?
For more than 25 years, Forward have been working with people building positive and productive lives, whatever their past. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
What you will be doing?
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of high standards of nursing care and psychosocial interventions to patients admitted to the service according to their clinical needs and in accordance with up-to-date evidence based practice and relevant clinical protocols and policies. The post holder needs to have an understanding of all aspects of security and safety consistent with working within a custodial framework.
- To provide interventions and support for drug and alcohol users with complex needs as part of a recovery plan. This may include triage, assessment; administration of controlled drugs, and other prescribed medication, group facilitation and 1:1 key working
- To participate in effective assessment of care needs, providing a high standard of care to clients in keeping with the philosophy and operational policies of the Prison, in addition to Forward policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement & evaluate programmes of care using a problem solving approach that ensures the needs of each individual patients are met throughout their admission, including detailed arrangements for through-care, transfer/discharge.
- To participate in delivering training on substance misuse issues to wider stakeholders
What we are looking for?
- A Minimum of 2 years post-registration experience
- Ability to maintain accurate patient records within the standards required locally, the Forward Trust and NMC
- Mentorship Qualification
- Current Registered General Nurse, Mental Health Nurse
- Working knowledge of SystmOne