Proposed Salary Attractive Remuneration
Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- Installation and supervision of all the critical Beam Instrumentation;
- Commissioning of the Beam Diagnostics devices and verification of their functionalitiesthrough the LIGHT accelerator control system;
- Beam commissioning in the control room, acting as instrumentation expert reference personduring the daily operations.
- Write or give feedback on all work instruction and test procedures needed to install andbring to operation the beam instrumentation;
- Verify and report beam instrumentation functionalities; provide valuable feedback for futureupgrades;
- Perform on-site inspection/diagnosis and immediate fix-solutions on the installed BDdevices,
- Develop data analysis tools during control room operations needed to facilitate and speedup the beam commissioning and regular operation monitoring;
- Participate into the development of the remaining Beam Diagnostics devices for the LIGHTaccelerator.
- Masters (or PhD) degree in Physics or Electronic Engineering;
- At least 3 years work experience in beam instrumentation for particle accelerators;
- A strong technical knowledge of laboratory instruments and measurement techniques;
- Solid background in electronics and analog signal acquisition and processing;
- Good knowledge of RF linear accelerator principles and beam dynamics concepts;
- Experience in development of Python/Matlab scripts for data analysis;
- Have a well organised and methodical approach to work;
- Have experience of cross-functional working and demonstrate an effective collaborative wayof working;
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) with the ability tocommunicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic, with the ability to work on own initiative;
- Languages: fluent English, other European languages advantageous.
What we offer
- ▪ A friendly, multi-cultural environment working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- ▪ A wide range of tasks and opportunities for learning new skills and techniques.
- ▪ An initial placement at our new site on the STFC Daresbury campus with the opportunityto travel to other installation sites in the UK and Europe after c18 months.
- ▪ A competitive salary, 28 days holiday, private healthcare, 7.5% contribution to pensionApplications to
The HR Director, Bridget Biggar [email protected]