Proposed Salary Attractive Remuneration
Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Email [email protected] Adam.com
Area 1: Support the radiofrequency (RF) and electrical power areas at Daresbury:
- Be part of the team who performs the low and RF power acceptance tests of the accelerating structures.
- Support the RF conditioning of the accelerating structures.
- RF characterization and acceptance of RF network components, readout and pre-amplification stages calibrations from low level RF to high power RF source output and RF measurements from the low-level RF generation to the high-power RF source output.
- Support the RF interventions on the RF systems (accelerator cavities, pickups, readout chain, pre-amplification chain, low level RF).
- Support the activities on the installation and setting up of the high RF power systems.
- Support in characterizing and carry out measurements campaigns for currents inelectromagnets and voltages in power systems.
- Troubleshoot technical problems of the accelerator related to RF and high-powersystems.
- BSc in Physics, Power Systems or Electronic Engineering;
- University studies with emphasis on EM theory and propagation;
- Knowledge of standard instrumentation for RF measurements such as Vector NetworkAnalyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Signal Generators and/or able to learn itquickly;
- Measurements of high currents and high voltages;
- Knowledge of power converter systems and high-power amplifiers (IOTs andklystrons)
- Ability to understand links between an assembly of complex systems working as a single entity;
- Hands-on mindset;
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) with theability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Languages: fluent English, other European languages advantageous.
What we offer
- A friendly, multi-cultural environment working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- A wide range of tasks and opportunities for learning new skills and techniques.
- An initial placement at our new site on the STFC Daresbury campus with the opportunityto travel to other installation sites in the UK and Europe after c18 months.
- A competitive salary, 28 days holiday, private healthcare, 8% contribution to pension