Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
The right candidate will work with experienced staff to develop, maintain and support software applications, predominately for our transportation clients.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job/ Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards:
- Works under direct supervision
- Must have the aptitude and ability to translate existing IT understanding to the company’s model of software development
- Follows documented software development standards and approaches
- Follows the defined visual style of the application
- Develops solutions based upon a defined specification and test plan
- Develops software solutions that operate against relational databases including Relational/object mapping Screen creation, Report development
- Participates in department code reviews
- Performs unit testing of their work
- Completes work based upon the project schedule
- Works with the quality assurance tester to resolve any problems
- Participates in team design meetings
- Assists in the response to Helpdesk ticket support requests
- Learns from peers within the organization
- Assigned tasks are of low complexity.
- Knows or learns to use the tools required for the job assignment
Experience with one or more of the following two web stacks:
Stack 1 – Open Source
Stack 2 – Microsoft .Net
- Visual Studio
- C# Language
- Asp.Net\MVC\Web API
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
Whilst not essential, any of the following skills would be desirable:
- Mobile software development
- Project and Service Desk management using JIRA
- Source Code Control in GIT or equivalent
- Experience with Google APIs and analytics
- Development of map driven solutions
- Good appreciation of software architecture and its real-world implications.
- Understanding of database design and implementation
- A degree or master’s degree in Computer Science or another relevant subject. Note: Professional development experience will be strongly considered in lieu of a relevant degree.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity,The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
Job Category Information Technology
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230036BR
Additional Locations UK – Croydon – Bedford Park, UK – Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.