Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Summary of Role:
The Lead Analyst Programmer job content will evolve in line with the acquisition of experience. The fundamentals of the job purpose are encapsulated in the following listings
- Control the Investigation of Customer Requirements
- Control the Analysis of Customer Information
- Evaluate Potential IT Products and Services
- Review and Improve the Performance of Existing IT Products and Services
- Control the Provision of IT Support
- Control the Creation of Software Specifications
- Control the Software Creation Process
- Control System Installation and Testing
- AEGON third parties
- AUK Business stakeholders
- IT Engineers and Technicians
- 2nd and 3rd line
- IT/Change colleagues across the AEGON Group
Budget Holder: No
- Works with colleagues and clients/users to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques. Also with clients/users to investigate operational requirements and problems, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in information systems, data management, processes/procedures, organisation and equipment.
- Working alone or as part of a team, analyses the underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems, and identifies available options for consideration. Works with clients/users in specifying information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements.
- Consults with IS specialists in areas such as software engineering, data management, communications, and service delivery and takes account of their recommendations.
- Arranges, prepares and conducts meetings, workshops and presentations for a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating consistently high qualities of communication and persuasive skills.
- Schedules the work of applications support staff.
- Puts in place and maintains procedures and tools for the correct recording and progressing of requests for support. Ensures that appropriate application support tools are available and staff are trained to use them, and that adequate documentation for the applications supported is available and kept up to date. Ensures that requests for support are properly logged, assigned and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures.
- Ensures users and other interested parties are kept informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid or minimize delays.
- Monitors and oversees performance of the applications support activity, reporting on its effectiveness and taking action to remedy deficiencies.
- Provides advice and guidance to less experienced colleagues as required. Liaises with systems development staff or software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfill user requirements.
- Takes responsibility for the acceptance of new releases of applications software from systems development staff or software suppliers.