Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Job Description Summary
The IT Programme Manager takes responsibility for the successful delivery of large programmes of IT Change.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that programmes and projects requiring internal IT changes and external third party software or applications are coordinated and delivered as complete solutions in line with our business expectations and our agreed delivery approach. In more detail, this includes :
- Works with IT Operations, Change and Business colleagues and 3rd party suppliers to create and maintain a rolling Development Delivery Schedule, including monthly releases, ad-hoc releases, planned fixes, enhancements and upgrades of in-house and 3rd party technical and business applications e.g. Advisor Portal and Composer.
- Maintains a clear understanding of the functional content of our Releases to ensure all dependencies are identified and actively managed.
- Implements and executes appropriate governance and oversight to ensure safe delivery of IT Change, including the design and implementation of appropriate controls, in line with the Change Delivery Framework and the IT Control Framework.
- Initiates and plans programme/project activities establishing their content, format and base lines (plan, estimate schedule etc.). Partners with Change Delivery and IT management to establish progress and direction of the IT solution by achieving goals, reaching targets, solving problems, mitigating risks, etc.
- Develops, implements, and maintains the IT Programme plan. Ensures that all requirements, project plans, and changes to commitment are communicated to all affected team members. Manages IT project relationships and coordinates work between different teams at different locations.
- Manages the delivery of the end to end IT Programme including any 3rd party deliveries that may be required. Ensures that the end product meets the IT project specification.
- Balances IT project scope, schedule, quality, and risks. Identifies and makes recommendations to Change Delivery to make adjustments to the overall project delivery plan as necessary.
- Significantly influence the way change is delivered in Digital Solutions through active participation in the Change Delivery Framework programme.
Knowledge & Experience.
- Ability to work in a Waterfall or Agile delivery environments
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Proven IT project management experience in a Financial services environment, the majority of which should be based on managing application development projects
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Familiar working with multiple project management tool sets
- Managed teams across multiple locations, including offshore
- Managed third party software providers and supplier software deliveries
- Managed multiple stakeholders at senior levels of the organisation
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Staff Management