Proposed Salary Attractive Remuneration
Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Aesop has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Our company is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is entirely unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, cordiality and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas to our table.
Purpose of the role –
To drive the performance of the Northern Europe retail business operations of Aesop within a designated portfolio. The Commercial Manager supports and manages the Retail Business Managers (RBM) with day-to-day control of their spaces, along with overseeing and ensuring the consistent delivery of the Aesop way of customer service and operational excellence in all doors and counters within their region.
In this role, you will be responsible and accountable for the execution of Aesop’s business plan in their given portfolio and the achievement of all financial targets as determined in the annual financial plan. As part of the EU Retail Leadership Team, the role will be responsible for working closely with the other Commercial Managers to ensure consistency of retail and operational projects across the EU region.
This is a full-time position, based in London. The successful candidate will be required to be flexible to travel within the sub-region, when required.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to –
- Drive sales performance through identifying opportunities to drive sales and increase brand awareness
- Understand and actively support agreed short and long term company plans, goals and strategies
- Oversee and monitor the RBMs control of wage expenditure within their stores and counters
- Guide and coach RBMs on their review and analyses of monthly P&L statements and assist them in identifying areas for improvement to ensure EBITDA targets are met
- Closely monitor and critically analyse the sales and performance of RBMs and their progress towards achieving yearly budgets
- Support the marketing team as required with a marketing and promotional plan for the territory, including the development and implementation of new door openings
- Together with the General Manager, Finance team and Retail Analyst, set the annual financial plan and the associated strategy for the sub-region
- Provide regular reports required to better understand and monitor the business for both management purposes (sales and cost reports etc.) and for the coaching of RBMs and Store Managers
- Partner with Human Resources and RBMs to recruit and select team members that reflect the culture and values of Aesop
- Guide and coach RBMs on providing timely, accurate and specific feedback on performance to Store Managers
- In conjunction with Human Resources, address any performance or Employee Relations issues promptly and with the least impact on the business; escalate where the issues pose a breach of the Code of Conduct or other policies
- Manage employee turnover by contributing to a positive, harmonious and stimulating work environment that encourages talent retention
Who we are looking for –
- Previous experience in senior retail management or operations roles with organisations with a high growth agenda
- Commercial acumen – demonstrated experience in driving business KPI’s, staff planning, inventory etc.
- Solid understanding of analysis and financial management
- Experience in managing a fast paced and dynamic workforce as well as performance management principals and procedures
- Demonstrated financial and commercial acumen and strategic thinking
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel
- Admirable communication skills and the ability to problem solve, influence and create positive stakeholder relationships
- Deep affinity of our brand and aesthetics
- Demonstrated experience in leading/ managing discussions that centre on performance improvement and/or performance management
- Sound knowledge and experience in managing ER/ IR
- Strong written and verbal communication and language skills
- Ability to be flexible with retail trading hours