Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Agile Analog is a Cambridge (UK) based deep tech company that is developing a software platform to revolutionise the way analog electronic circuits are designed in microchips. We are growing quickly to become one of the world’s leading companies in our sector. Using our innovative software technology, we can design analog circuits faster, to a higher quality, and on any silicon process. Our products will improve and speed up the development of microchips for a wide variety of applications including AI & Machine-Learning, IoT, Automotive and Security.
About the Role
Using the technical knowledge you have developed and your experience with modern software processes, you will be helping us disrupt methodologies that have been unchanged for generations. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team and help us develop the software framework that enables us to create, manipulate and design circuits faster. Over and above writing your own code, you will be expected to drive good coding practices within the team and engage in the continuous improvement of methodologies and processes. Your vision and experience will guide your active participation in the system-level design and optimisation of our framework while engaging with stakeholders to determine the deliverables.
Whilst there is no requirement for any knowledge of electronics and electronic design for the role, you will be working in a close-knit, cross-functional team of both software and hardware engineers. Within Agile Analog you will be exposed to the latest electronics technologies and will have a unique opportunity to shape the direction of our products and of an industry that is the driving force behind our modern lives.
You should have a real passion for software development and enjoy solving problems. We are looking for somebody who will:
- Be a self-organised learner.
- Write maintainable and sustainable code.
- Have been exposed to unit, component and integration testing and be able to think testing; TDD and BDD a plus.
- Have experience of object-oriented programming.
In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have developed in python3, with a preference for understanding the language, rather than specific frameworks.
- Have experience of agile development in self-organising teams.
- Have exposure to continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Understand and be able to communicate user requirements.
Our tech stack
- python 3.6
- code quality: pep8 / pycodestyle, pylint and general code linting
- testing: pytest, pyhamcrest, robot-framework
- mypy, numpy
- pipenv + pip
- CICD, specifically concourse-ci
- AWS EC2, S3
- terraform / puppet
We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits for everyone including
- A friendly, safe and inclusive working environment
- Flexible work hours to fit around your personal commitments
- Professional development and professional society membership
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Company pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Life Assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – free wellbeing and health services
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee in our offices