Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek —- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Do you have a strong marketing/scientific/technical background? Do you have experience with global product marketing and commercialization? Then you may be the new Global Product Manager we are looking for to be responsible for our new instrument solutions.
As the world’s premier measurement company, Agilent Technologies is known for developing state-of-the-art technology and exceptional products. We are looking for experienced, committed people to join our team in a variety of management, engineering and applications roles.
The main responsibilities are the following:
– Designs and implements marketing strategies for Transmission Raman spectrometers to establish product placement within the competitive arena. Interfaces with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products and ensure smooth new product introductions achieving planned RtV & ASP targets.
– Manages product offerings through the entire product life cycle.
– Conducts competitive analysis to determine product positioning, market segmentation, channel mix, pricing, volume, product service/support strategy and identifies customers pain points to be addressed in Value Propositions
– Conducts product planning, including:
- Develop product definitions and solution plans to designed to address customer needs and/or expand market share.
- Develops product strategy for Transmission Raman applications in the pharmaceutical industry
- Evaluates business opportunities to define and optimize the product portfolio through analysis and in-depth understanding of targeted markets, market trends, customer business issues and the competitive environment.
- Uses knowledge of company products, applications and processes to define product strategies and identify product opportunities
- Collaborates with customers and third parties to define product requirements for new products or extensions to existing products
- Works closely with product development to create products and validates early product definitions and Value Propositions with customers.
– Supports the field organisations with sales training, customer facing material, events and general product related requests. Builds a close relation with the global field organisation through regular phone calls and travel in the different regions (~once/Q)
– Bachelor or Master’s Degree within a scientific area (Biochemstry, Analytical Chemistry, Life Science…) OR with a marketing / commercial aspect.
– Relevant years of experience with spectroscopy techniques, preferably with Raman and/or FTIR
– An experience with or in with or in the pharmaceutical industry is a strong plus.
– A first marketing and/or commercial experience, where you have worked in an international business-focused culture
– Ideally an experience with project management and managing launches of new products
– Willing to travel approximately 25% of the time to understand the market, customer needs, support the field organization and build/maintain a network
– On a personal level, you are proactive, focused on creating results, customer oriented and you embody Agilent’s values
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer.