Proposed Salary Attractive Remuneration
Career Level Staff
Experience 4 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
As the world’s premier measurement company, Agilent Technologies is known for developing state-of-the-art technology and exceptional products.
The Spectroscopy Solutions Division of Agilent, has two major sites: Melbourne, Australia and Oxford, UK. The division is responsible for the development of Atomic (AA, MP-AES, ICP-OES, ICP-MS) and Molecular (FTIR, IR Imaging, UV-Vis, Fluorescence, Raman) spectroscopy products, and is seen as one of the major new-growth areas for our business. Our goal is to become the supplier of choice for spectroscopy instruments, software, services and consumables, delivering to our customer’s unmatched quality, innovation and support.
The brand-new site in Oxford at the Harwell Science Campus hosts our Raman Spectroscopy group with a strong focus on Pharma and BioPharma.
To drive and further develop this business we are looking for a Business Marketing Manager for the Pharma/BioPharma group. This is a key role managing a portfolio of innovative solutions specifically aimed at the Pharmaceutical Industry, with products addressing challenges from drug development to manufacturing.
We are looking for a Marketing Professional with experience in the Pharmaceutical industry (QC, Formulation, R&D, manufacturing) and a good understanding of spectroscopy technologies:
– Bachelor or Master’s Degree around Life Science (e.g. Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Pharmacy…) with a good understanding of Molecular Spectroscopy techniques (such as FTIR, Raman, UV Vis, Imaging…)
– Relevant Sales/Marketing experience within the Pharmaceutical industry
– First experience in a management/leadership position
– Proven track record of setting portfolio strategies and driving a profitable business
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ideally one other language
– On a personal level, you are showing great leadership, interpersonal skills, customer focus and you embody Agilent’s values
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer.
As a Business Marketing Manager, you will be leading a team of Product Managers and Application Specialists engaged in the design and implementation of marketing strategies that establish, enhance or distinguish Agilent product placement within the competitive arena. In liaision with other functions, you’ll influence new product introduction and manage the entire product lifecycle.
This role has the following responsibilities:
– In conjunction with the management team, contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic plan, with an emphasis on the Pharma/BioPharma segment.
– Lead the marketing strategy for product positioning, pricing, market penetration and customer satisfaction.
– Remain abreast of emerging technologies, solutions and markets relevant to the Molecular Spectroscopy business
– P&L: Revenues, GM%, Expenses, and Operating profit of business segment
– Engaging with Sales managers, Regional Business leaders and Application/Product specialists
– Full understanding of customers’ business, needs, pain points and future requirements
– Facilitating the collaboration/partnership between R&D and Marketing
– Identifying and validating potential acquisition targets, building initial business case and go-to-market plan; active involvement in preparation of Concept Review(s)
– Develop Marketing Communications plan with Global Marketing Project Manager
– Ensure alignment with Strategic Customer Program & Segment Marketing groups
– Ensure cross segment Molecular Spectroscopy alignment & resource use
– Management and development of your team (composed Product Managers & Application Specialists)