Proposed Salary Competitive
Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Key Responsibilities Include:
In this role you can expect to focus on BAU service delivery and the following areas:
- Drive continuous service improvement initiatives to ensure a stable and reliable VDI to underpin a significant proportion of the overall EUC service
- Provide technical support, incident management and problem management across the VDI domains.
- Ensure the performance and availability of the VDI solution is consistently within agreed SLAs
- Support upgrades of technology within the VDI supported domains across the partnership.
- Ensure that all Incidents and Service Requests are proactively managed.
- Support the Major Incident team to provide swift problem resolution as needed
- Assist in the delivery of project works as and when required.
- Ensure systems are patched securely maintaining the highest level of availability, reliability and performance.
- Provide support and advice to end users to aid full exploitation of VDI solutions across applications and processes.
- Maintain knowledge of IT VDI architecture, standards and practices and consistently applies these standards
- Create and maintain technical documentation to facilitate efficient planning, execution and support within BAU
Key Knowledge Requirements
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solutions such as VMware Horizon View or Citrix.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of SCCM
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite – Day to day use, also installation and troubleshooting common user queries
- Knowledge and understanding of PC builds, motherboards, CPUs, memory, disks etc.
- Support of VDI environment across multiple installations
- Through understanding of Thin and Thick client hardware and software technologies.
- VDI problem management
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment
- Desktop OS imaging building and testing through SCCM, VMWare and MDT.
- VDI device and application patch management
- MSI and Windows Installer technology
What’s in it for you?
Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK. We are one of the UK’s most innovative IT services providers, delivering transformation through a suite of world-class citizen-centric technology products as well as centres of operational excellence around the UK.
At Agilisys, we are passionate about people who are passionate about technology and digital disruption. We pride ourselves on our integrity towards our colleagues and our clients and strive to be the transformation and operating partner of choice to the public sector.
We are collaborative in the way we work, and our agile and fast paced environment poses many opportunities for exposure to new technologies and ways of working. As an Employee Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a real say in the direction that the business is heading
In addition to salary, training and a wonderful office environment, we offer the following corporate benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the Employee Benefit Trust, you can make a difference in the future of our organisation.
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme.
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.