Proposed Salary Competitive
Career Level Staff
Experience 5 Years +
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Area: London / UK Wide
Office Location: Brentford
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Competitive (plus benefits, incl. Company Vehicle)
Working as an Audio-Visual Senior Engineer / Designer you will be designing and consulting on a range of commercial AV projects, using your extensive product knowledge to select the most suitable equipment on the market, in order to meet a brief with effective and commercially viable solutions.
The role will bring the chance to design large scale and innovative AV projects for high profile clients based in London and around the rest of the UK. As a part of the design process you would be investigating state-of-the-art AV technology and thinking creatively to solve technical challenges with innovative, and often pioneering, approaches.
- AMX Control Systems
- Extron/Kramer/Atlona Technologies
- Video Conferencing Systems
- Audio DSP
- Videowall Technologies
- AV over IP
- Digital Signage
- Audio Systems
This role involves a deep technical understanding of how different AV devices are connected and interfaced within larger integrated systems. Those systems could include:
- Designing AV systems to meet client briefs, selecting the most appropriate technology available.
- Liaising with manufacturer product specialists.
- Site surveys and client meetings to establish the requirements and formulate a brief.
- Getting quotes from suppliers and distributors.
- Possible involvement with the supply chain negotiation process to ensure good value.
- Be involved in the offsite build facility before going to site and witness test with the consultant/customer as a standard practice, for which you will be expected to attend.
- Collaborating with other members of the system design and project management teams to refine system designs and develop workflow schedules.
- Review of proposal documents, which outline and sell the AV systems you have designed.
- Supervising Project Engineers drafting AV system schematics, cable schedules, floorplan mark-ups, and other project documentation.
- Working closely with Project Managers so that they can effectively plan for installation works.
- Communicating useful product information to the rest of the design team.
- Assisting with technical support issues.
Your role will also include
- General Administrative duties to assist with the smooth running of the team, such as: assistance with logistics and purchasing; technical researching for projects; documenting important technical information and maintaining a shared knowledgebase.
- Work ‘on-site’ (during site surveys / support visits / System commissioning / troubleshooting etc.)
- Attending training courses and trade exhibitions.
The right candidate will be:
- Within commuter distance of London.
- Deeply interested in the world of audio-visual systems, technologies and equipment.
- Is happy and comfortable working alone, as well as working closely with others.
The right candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in an AV system design and Integration / consultancy role. (previous experience in designing systems for any of the following sectors would be highly advantageous; conference rooms and event spaces, high security areas, commercial offices and meeting rooms, and high-end residential developments).
- Good underpinning knowledge of Software, Applications and Audio-Visual Systems.
- A flexible ‘can do’ attitude. This includes a willingness to work overtime and unsociable hours, however, if possible, these shifts will be planned in advance.
- Full UK working rights.
- Including a minimum of 5 years Address and Employment history.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Site qualifications: ECS/CSCS, PASMA, IPAF
- Manufacturer certification (e.g. Harman HCCP Designer, Harman HNCP Designer)