Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Industry Business/ Management
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
What is the role?
For your profile to be successful you will have a strong professional services background (built environment desired) and extensive senior stakeholder management skills. It’s essential to have previously held Bid Manager roles and be working at an experienced manager level. You will be confident, enthusiastic, and have a proactive mindset. It’s important that you are able to support a rapidly growing business and can adapt to change.
For more information on AKT II and the type of projects the practice is involved with please refer to our website www.akt-uk.com/projects
This is a highly networked role, delivering bids across multiple sectors and disciplines, and has been created through growth. Most importantly we need someone who is flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
As the Bid Manager your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Lead complex and high-value strategic bids.
- Lead an effective bid team through all stages, from win strategy development to proposal submission and debrief sessions.
- Develop relationships with partners, clients, and their procurement teams.
- Develop answering plans / storyboard with the bid team to understand the question of scoring mechanisms and set a clear path for bid team to deliver in line with your win strategy.
- Prepare proposal timelines and produce/communicate/monitor proposal action plan to deliver proposals in a structured and timely manner.
- Write and edit text for proposals and pre-qualification questionnaires.
- Understand clients’ needs and working with technical leads to formulate winning solutions.
- Oversee and liaise with estimating team to manage the cost planning process for tenders.
- Monitor multiple bid portals for relevant opportunities & communicate opportunities to the relevant parties.
- Manage multiple bid portals, registering expressions of interest, submitting tender/PQQ returns and posting/receiving queries.
- Monitor lead pipeline/prospects, income prediction and ensure priority bids are resourced appropriately.
- Maintain and continually update bid content and style to ensure that the business remains a market leader in bid submissions.
- Ownership and development of up-to-date information for use in rapid tender responses including CVs, Project Sheets and Capability Statements etc.
- Maintain a central bank of feedback and lessons learned from successful and unsuccessful bids.
- Coach and develop colleagues to improve our win rate.
- Work with the wider Marketing team within the business strategy as required.
- Ensure compliance with tender return instructions.
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have great attention to detail
- Have impeccable writing, editing and proofreading English language skills
- Have strong time management/organisational and prioritisation skills
- Are Team player with excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels internally and externally
- Have the ability to assimilate, review, critique and direct large amounts of information
- Are competent and confident working under pressure and, at times, working to very short deadlines
- Are able to manage complex and multi-work stream opportunities
- Recognise the need to work flexibly to meet bid deadlines
- Are proficient using with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Indesign
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate subject.
- This is ideal for someone with a passion for architecture and design in the built environment.
- Extensive demonstrable experience in bid management for an architecture or engineering firm is highly desirable.
- Proven capability in delivering winning, multi-million-pound products or complex service opportunities.
- Experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery.
- A pro-active approach, using initiative and taking responsibility for own actions