Proposed Salary Competitive
Career Level Managerial
Experience 2 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Associate Degree
New Energy Platform (NEP) is a new business unit, which will provide low-cost, digital-first, hassle-free energy to consumers and small businesses in the UK. Our ambition is to be the largest energy supplier in the UK for residential and small businesses, with a brilliant service that is effortless, reliable, hassle-free and low-cost. We need your help to make this happen…
This role analyses, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or desktop applications products. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Develop innovative solutions to deliver great customer experience on our New Energy platform
- Deliver the best experience by working closely with extended team members.
- Continuously seek to improve overall quality of the underlying code base by adhering to industry best practices and standards.
- Strive to find the optimal solution to challenging problems.
- Code quality, improvement and optimization based on agreed development paradigms, design patterns, frameworks and methodologies.
- Deliver functional and non-functional user-facing requirements that meet acceptance criteria as part of product roadmap priorities.
- Maintain a mindset that care for user experience across multiple platforms.
- Write reusable code, libraries and/or functions that can be utilized by other existing or future contributing teams.
- Build secure, accessible, robust, reliable, efficient and high performant solutions.
- Contribution to the continuous evolution of the engineering capability of NEP.
- Good understanding of ‘DevOps’ practices and applying these principles in ‘real world’ situations.
- Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications
- Experience with the core AWS services, plus the specifics mentioned in this job description.
- Strong notions of security best practices eg IAM Roles, KMS, encryption etc
- Appreciation of ‘supportability’ of solutions built and monitoring their operational performance.
- Previous exposure to scalable systems design.
- Past experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM).
- Experience with CI/CD platforms and source code control.
- Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using appropriate technologies (eg. Terraform, Scripting)
- Ability to produce automated unit testing and code coverage for any developments.