Career Level Staff
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
JUNIOR PR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, PRESTBURY
Ghosts. A swimming pool. A cat named Tom. At McCann Manchester, it’s fair to say we’re a little different.
Here the people make the agency, they are what makes our work so unique. That’s why we’re on the look-out for the people who will fit best. We’re a creative agency spread across eight acres of countryside in Cheshire, and the rumours are true, we also have a pub, bistro and gym all on-site. McCann Manchester is a big family – the largest integrated agency in the UK in fact.
We work with some of the UK’s most interesting brands and we’re looking for two Junior PR Account Executives to come and join us. Armbands optional.
The Part You’ll Play as Junior PR Account Executive…
As a key member of our PR & Social Media team you’ll be working on several of our key clients including a major UK Retailer and rapidly expanding alcohol brand. It’s an exciting role for someone looking to develop their career in PR as you’ll be involved with:
– Building relationships with the clients to understand their plans and objectives.
– Producing well written and relevant press releases
– Building relationships with key media contacts (national and regional) to gain a high level of coverage for clients.
– Attending client events (including store openings) on a regular basis and acting as McCann Manchester’s representative at these, ensuring clients receive the level of service and support they expect.
– Coordinate community engagement projects on behalf of the client.
Please note there will be the need to attend events in this role which may involve overnight stays during busy periods.
As Junior PR Account Executive You’ll Bring…
We’re looking for recent graduates who are looking to progress a career within Public Relations. You’ll need to demonstrate the ability to craft excellent press releases and to build effective relationships with media contacts and clients. Previous work experience within an agency or PR department would be advantageous. Additionally we are looking for:
– Highly developed organisational skills and the ability to work independently to ensure projects are managed effectively.
– Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
– High attention to detail, able to work with accuracy.
– Driving Licence.
As Junior PR Account Executive You’ll Have Access To…
– A competitive financial and benefits package and a culture ideally suited to those who enjoy pursuing personal career development. A vast array of training and development opportunities from day one.
– The opportunity to work within the largest integrated agency in the UK, in stunning surroundings, with specialist departments including, animation, video production, planning, digital creative and development and social media.
– An outstanding working environment that really is hard to beat. Based on an 8 acre site the four main buildings form a campus that includes a subsidised Bistro, free car parking, free access to an onsite gym and an outdoor heated pool (for when the weather gets warmer!).
Working with McCann will be a journey, it’ll be both fun and challenging. We want you to grow with us, and create work our clients will be excited about and work you will feel proud of.
For more information on our Junior PR Account Executive role, click apply below.