Proposed Salary Competitive
Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Your role in the team
We are looking for a seasoned Lead Software Engineer to join our growing External Data Hub team.
This role makes global impact on the XDH platform and Allstate External Data Strategy in general. The ideal candidate is a hands-on Java developer with significant Cloud and Data Lake experience.
We’re looking for this Lead Engineer to have a strong, first-hand technical expertise in modern technology stacks and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. We’re focused on developing our platform, so we hope you have a passion for learning the cutting-edge technologies and coaching other team members.
You will have the opportunity to analyze, design and develop enterprise level applications while collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
As well as that you will develop your career by leading other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices and Identify new technologies to continuously enhance the existing products.
So, what are the essential criteria to apply?
- Must be a UK/RoI/EU citizen or possess a current UK visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Software Engineer or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in Java and Spring frameworks
- Experience in designing and building API’s
- Experience using build technologies e.g. Gradle, Maven, Jenkins
- Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Coaching/mentoring team members
We also have some desirable criteria
- Capable of delivering multiple product development projects
- Solid understanding of modern cloud platforms e.g. AWS or Pivitol Cloud Foundry
- Exposure to big data and streaming technologies i.e. Hadoop, Spark or Kafka
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge of software engineering best practices
What we offer
As Digital DNA’s Workplace of the Year 2020 winners, we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you’ll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.