Career Level Staff
Experience 3 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
OpenText™ OT2 is our next-generation Information Management as a Service platform, that enable development and deployment of multi-tenant SaaS applications.
We are looking for a Principal Architect to work in partnership with Product Management and Engineering teams on shaping and implementing low code and pro code capability on OT2 Platform, to enable our Developer community in building multi-tenant SaaS (software as a service) Applications.
Working with a team of experienced Product Managers, Developers and Cloud Operations teams, you will understand the market and lead the architecture, design, and implementation of our Developer Enablement roadmap.
This is a tremendous opportunity to get in and shape the direction of the next generation developer tools and environments that OpenText is building for OT2 developers.
You are great at:
• Designing highly scalable, performant and secure cloud propositions -Platform as a Service, Software as a Service Applications
• Experience of low-code and pro-code development platforms, Application Lifecycle Management capabilities in facilitating rapid application development and deployment
• Providing Technology Leadership and driving a team of Software Engineers in delivering the product roadmap by embracing Agile and DevOps
• Collaborating with Product Managers, Engineering Managers and other Architects in shaping and aligning product roadmap and delivery of new features
• Presenting complex technical proposals to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Understanding the PaaS market and with a curiosity to seek new and better techniques for getting things done
• Ensuring solutions are performant, scalable, maintainable, and reliable
• Choosing technologies and designs that are competitive in the marketplace and compelling to the customer
• Working with geographically dispersed teams
What it takes:
We are looking for a battle-hardened individual with a passion for Technical Architecture and the ability to lead a team of senior, opiniated and passionate software engineers and architects. Applicants will already be working in a Principal / Lead Architect position and have extensive experience with the cloud. She or he will be passionate about the role the Developer plays in bringing new solutions and services to OpenText and serving the needs of the developer community.
You’ll have a demonstrable passion for Architecture with the following essential skills or proven experience
• Strong technical leadership qualities with a passion for delivering leading edge designs and inspiring a culture of technical excellence and innovative solution design
• Experience in cloud computing architecture, technical design and cloud native application development leveraging IaaS, PaaS and SaaS delivery models
• Previous experience of working with low-code frameworks and design paradigms, K8s or Cloud Foundry, is highly desirable
• Deep experience in AGILE/Lean development methodologies, DevOps and Cloud based Application Development and Deployment using one of java, C#, C, C++, NodeJS, python/django
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a global organization
• Strong collaborative approach to problem solving
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
• AWS/GCP/Azure certification a + but not necessary
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.