Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Senior Cloud Service Manager (CSM) is the program manager and overall relationship owner to assigned OpenText Cloud Managed Services accounts. The CSM is a trusted advisor and partner that understands the customer’s business and strategy as it relates to their OT product portfolio.
The CSM ensures operational health, customer satisfaction and ensures that the customer is receiving maximum ROI of their OT Cloud Managed services investment.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, customer centric team player that thrives on providing the best possible experience for our clients. You’ll need excellent communication and organisational skills along with the ability to manage complex internal relationships while maintaining a clam, positive and supportive attitude.
Opentext is one of the world’s leading cloud software companies – and as such you should be comfortable navigating the more technical aspects of what we do; while specific expertise is not required, a level of comfort with ITIL and LAER processes is needed. Your role will involve working with all parts of the organisation from account management to engineering and support, so strong emotional intelligence, an open attitude to learning and people skills are a must.
You are great at:
• Providing overall business management of the customer which includes weekly status calls, monthly SLA reporting, site visits and business reviews, issue tracking reporting and cross functional communication with other OT teams (i.e., support, sales, product management, etc.).
• Managing customer expectations such that escalations can be avoided. If escalations do arise, the CSM leads the escalation management until the issues are resolved and the account de-escalated.
• Managing relationships and interfacing at various levels within the customer’s organization (i.e., business, technical, executive leadership).
• Identifying short and long-term strategies to assist in the growth and business objectives of the customer.
• Identifying new business opportunities, recommending products or services to improve customer satisfaction and ROI.
• Identifying customer needs for contract add-ons, renewals, upgrades and value-added services and engaging the relevant OT contacts for execution.
• Regular discussions and addressing any customer concerns regarding overall service and satisfaction, making necessary adjustments and ensuring that issues have been addressed and customer perception has positively.
• Conduct interactive status meetings with customers, cloud services operations, Professional Services, and Commercial IT team to review ongoing activities and progress.
• Provide customers and internal management with regular reports and status updates, including timelines, milestones, risks, issues, decision and overall status.
• Facilitate communications between different teams where needed for special circumstances, customer problems, and high-visibility service items.
What it takes:
• Strong client focus – ability to operate at a senior manager level
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent
• Great communication skills
• Experience in software deployment projects
• Proven project management skills with demonstrated experience in a consulting environment
• Conversant in cloud technology and data center deployment. ITIL certification preferred.
• A level of comfort with creating and balancing fact based analytics with real world application.
• Experience with formal project management techniques (i.e. Formal status reporting and client communication, budget/scope management and change controls, and project team direction and technical leadership). PMP preferred.
• Demonstrable experience in developing and rolling out customer satisfaction improvement programs
• Experience of leading and managing teams (including matrix management) within an offshore environment
• Able to work independently with positive problem solving attitude
• Solid work ethic with a willingness to work overtime when required
• Willingness to travel as needed (estimated 10%)
This is a challenging role, with no two days the same – and we are looking to hire someone who is willing to embrace and champion changes and improvements to our current processes where needed. You’ll be joining a great and supportive international team, looking after clients all over the world.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.