Proposed Salary £38000 £44000/Annum
Career Level Staff
Experience 5 Years +
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Email [email protected]
Purpose of the position
As a Senior DevOps Engineer within All In All Solutions Ltd you will be leading a small to medium sized teams working on a variety of different projects. You will be reporting directly to the Architect / Project Manager and will be based either at the client site or within the All In All Solutions’ office based in Swindon. The role will offer you an exciting opportunity to work within a young and expanding company with prospects of working on a variety of difference projects.
Key responsibilities & duties
● Maintaining and scaling our development and production environments
● System testing and code deployment automation
● You will be working closely with engineers to advocate practical, scalable, system design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving and preventing production issues.
● Driving innovation within the team
● Diagnosing network issues and quickly resolving the issue
● Setting up monitoring of server logs and app deployment using Docker
● Ensuring that products delivered are supportable, cost effective, meet the department’s strategic business needs, and align to the departmental infrastructure
● Production of clear infrastructure design documentation and diagrams
● To consider and design for security and privacy, by understanding the relevant policies and constraints
● To oversee and lead the implementation of cloud infrastructure projects
● Working with the business and technical stakeholders in order to understand functional and technology requirements and constraints, and to reflect this in an infrastructure solution
● Using your cloud (AWS preferred) skills you’ll help design, develop & support the cloud-infrastructure.
● Good understanding of; Cloud/AWS, Linux, Puppet, Jenkins.
● Experience with Cloud Formation and Infrastructure as code.
● Solid Scripting skills (BASH).
● Experience of working in an Agile environment across multiple projects.
● An understanding of common web application architectures.
● Experience of configuring and managing Linux Servers for serving a dynamic website.
● Experience of configuring and managing Windows Servers for serving a dynamic website.
● Experience of debugging a complex multi-server service.
● Familiarity with network protocols
● Work experience with cloud provisioning tools (eg. Cloudformation, Terraform, chef-provisioning, Ansible cloud modules, etc)
● Work experience in Puppet
● Experience with configuration management Chef
● Continuous Integration, automated testing, aspirations to continuous deployment.
● Prior experience working in e-commerce (particularly with Magento).
● Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams with designers, editorial teams and software developers.
● Solved service discovery in production (especially with Consul or Etcd).
● Experience with log aggregation/management/analysis (eg. SumoLogic, ELK, Splunk, Fluentd, etc)
● Operational mindset – you’ve supported applications in production environments, and think about how to make that easier.
● Driven to fix problems once – not satisfied with fixing symptoms, you want to find the cause of the problem and prevent it from happening.
● Logging: Splunk, Elasticsearch, LogStash, Kibana
● Monitoring: CloudWatch to Zenoss or Nagios dashboards
Ideal Candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree/ Masters/ Diploma etc, with minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the field of DevOps.